1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I couldn´t go out with him

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by kylegf2011, Oct 20, 2012.

1. kylegf2011

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I invited him, and he said he liked the idea, then he told me he would come. But then he sent me a mssg telling me that there was too much traffic and the he wasnt going to be able to make it :dry: I am starting to think he doesn´t want to go out with me at all :icon_sad:

2. Lad123

Aww I'm sorry he didn't show up. Perhaps there really was too much traffic? But then again he could have showed up late anyway. What did you have planned?

Try not to think of this as a definate 'I don't want to be friends with you' because at least he sent you a message beforehand. Maybe you could re-schedule something?

3. HatterMad

I agree. I mean, maybe he's afraid or having doubts about himself, but if he wasn't intrested in you, then he just wouldn't of made the date. Try again, maybe have him set up the date, and you meet him or pick him up.

4. jaysuss

I would say keep going after him since it isn't everyday you get someone your interested in.

5. Chip

Board Member Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm sorry you're having to deal with this. It can be a huge letdown and I know what that feels like.

This is the one you know is gay, that has the wristband, right?

If so, he may just be really shy, or he may have genuinely not wanted to deal with the traffic, or he may not be interested. But you won't know until you try again.

You could try with an open-ended invitation and say something like "I'm sorry it didn't work out, but is there another day you'd like to try for, or are you pretty busy"? This way... if he genuinely wants to get together, he'll pick a day. And if he says he's "busy", then he probably isn't that interested for whatever reason.

Let us know what happens.

6. Mirko

Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Sorry that it didn't turn out the way you'd planned it. I agree with the others. Trying again, is your best bet to see if he is interested. I like Chip's suggestion of an open-ended invitation. Maybe give that a try and see what happens.

7. kylegf2011

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Yeah I think I´m going to try again. Yesterday he did invite me to this other thing though, he said there was too much traffic so he would arrive too late, but that he was going to go to this bar when he got here if I wanted to go.... I don´t know if that´s good? I couldn´t go because I had to pick my sister up.

And yes i he´s the one with the rainbow bracelet

8. stumble along

You know you just pulled the same thing he did right? he invited you somewhere and then you couldnt make it because you had to pick up your sister. Right now he could be thinking the same thing you are, pondering whether you actually are interested in him and that it was a legitimate excuse, or you lied. We obviously know the answer but he doesnt.

I suggest you plan something else and pick him up, hopefully try and aim for a day where you two have the whole day off just incase stupid fuckery gets in the way.

And relax, if he invited you someplace else after he couldn't make your date, he's interested, calm.down.

9. Chip

Board Member Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I agree.

10. Mirko

Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    As 'stumble along' mentioned, you pretty much did the same thing. Call/contact him, and plan something where the both of you can get together, without anything going wrong or someone not being able to make it. He has showed interest. Show that interest back. :slight_smile:

11. Akatosh

I got stood up last weekend by someone because he is afraid of commitment, and he could tell that I did not want to hookup. He told me that he was going to get a haircut with his sister and that he'd be late. He ended up not calling me back, and after several texts to him explaining I wasn't mad and I just wanted to know what happened, he told me some BS about his sister. He was using his sister as an excuse for his own problems. If it smells like BS, then it probably is BS, and don't waste your time. If he can't respect you as a person, then consider it a cheap lesson and move on.

"If I am to meet with a disappointment, the sooner I know it, the more of life I shall have to wear it off.”
    ― Thomas Jefferson