1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

i have self confidence issues about girls

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Psychedelic Bookmarks, Feb 5, 2008.

1. Psychedelic Bookmarks

i guess this is probably common to many teenagers, but i feel very unconfident about myself in relation to anyone ever wanting me. i can't really imagine how i would ever get a girlfriend, and it's a bit depressing. i just don't know what i could offer a girl, and i feel like nobody will ever want me :frowning2: does anyone have any tips on how to feel a bit better about myself?

2. GlindaRose

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hmm sounds like you're going through what I sometimes get...I label it reject-phobia, for some reason...where no matter how you look at yourself, you see yourself from someone else's POV and are constantly imagining their reactions, and seeing the outcome as negative...does that sum up what you're thinking? Well my advice for that would be follow the laws of attraction - have you read 'The Secret'? If not, do so - basically, think positively, tell yourself that you ARE worth it, and you have A LOT to offer, cos I'm sure you do, and I'm sure there's someone out there who would absolutely love to be your girlfriend. Because the more you think positively, the more positive an outcome you will manifest for yourself. Wow I'm going all spiritual again..anyway hope that helps...

3. KatoKumi

A looooong time ago, when I used to have confidence issues... Something I did is look in the mirror, and I tell myself in my head that "yeah, I'm pretty." I know repetition doesn't make a lie a truth, but it makes me feel better for some reason. Maybe it's a complex of mine, hahah. :/ For a while last year, by the end, I actually wanted boys to stop coming. :/

Anyhoo, I'm slowly slipping back into it my confidence issues because this boy is like tearing it apart! [Lol@that].

Anyhoo, just do something to make you feel sexy for a night! I'm sure it's much easier for a girl to do that. Normally what I do that's acceptable is like, edit pictures of myself to make me feel better.

[Something I do that isn't normally acceptable...] Last night, actually, I shaved off all my body hair, and I like, got in a tank top that only like, covered my underwear, and I took pictures of myself [pictures I won't show to people]. And idk, it made me feel sexy for that night :]!

So do something you know will make you feel like you are, lol. If you wanna put on make-up [something I've ALWAYS wanted to do (get glam)], or like, you know, dress up, take pictures that make you beautiful, or edit them to make you beautiful-er. AND getting your hair did is fun. New color, cut, or highlights, it's just like a great way to make you feel beautiful.

[:

4. Level N Human

Well you seem just fine to me. :slight_smile: I'm sure you have a lot more to offer than you think, I mean you strike me as a pretty, interesting person. And yes, that comma was intended to be there. ^^

5. KatoKumi

Oh, wow, I just realized you have a picture in your gallery.

I think you have a very natural beauty. [:
    And a lot of people don't put a lot on that anymore. You have a very nice complexion,
    and your cheekbones are really nice too!

[self-esteem boosts]

6. bvtsjm116

bvtsjm116 Guest

D: What do you mean......................?

And. erm, I don't wanna like not post anything sooo... I often feel the same way, like, that I'll never find a boyfriend and stuff. I think the other comments were pretty good. Do something that will make you feel nice, or do something that you ENJOY =D

Also, as everyone already agrees, you are very pretty and you definitely have a lot to offer to someone.

7. Alexander

Self image is exactly that - an image you have of yourself. The only way to break it is to do new stuff that will break the old image. When people compliment you (which I'm sure they do at least ONCE in a while :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:) you really should take it in and take it to heart. It's just a mental barrier, but one you can break. Just be nice to yourself :slight_smile:

8. Fiorino

Don't let it get you down, it happens to everyone. I have a friend (girl)
    who is drop-dead gorgeous and even she thinks that she's ugly! I guess
    you could start doing stuff to make you feel beautiful, and stop
    telling yourself that you aren't! I used to have serious self-confidence
    issues too, I've still got some that aren't serious (as everyone), but not that many and
    I'm a lot more confident- I have an -ex now (before I had never
    been with anyone)! It will come, just be patient. Hope that helped,
    hang in there! :sunglasses:

9. Zec24

It's hard to feel that way, trust me I understand. Just realize that there will be someone that will find you attractive, and of course might even feel that way now. At your age (I'm assuming you are a teenager) people have a hard time expressing that they find other people attractive. I'm sure most teenagers find it hard to feel overly confident about themselves. The ones that seem confident usually have the most issues.

Maybe you could try writing down a list about the things you like about yourself, or even have some friends write down some things they like about you. I'm sure you have great qualities that some girl will find attractive some day, just be patient and in the meantime try to be proud about yourself and feel good about who you are.

Sorry I'm not much help, I struggle with self-confidence issues too.

10. Andrew1403

Andrew1403 Guest

why do you feel these feelings of no self confidence of anyone ever wanting to be with you? keep your self esteem up high ...stay perky!...you will find someone...you have alot to offer someone else...such as good company,integrity,personality(if your funny ..then be funny and make ppl laugh) laughter is always a good icebreaker/great communication device....but why do you feel yourself image is lacking? from what i know about girls..TOO MANY girls are way too self confident about their weight and self image...if that is the reason ...just find time each day to go outside and go for a run for 30mins a day..around your neighborhood or area...for me that personally makes my self esteem and body feel better and more energized...and you will feel better about yourself and get into great shape at the sametime! i cant see why another girl wouldnt want to be with you? have you shown your "out" status to any group of gay women in your area? you shouldnt feel you have no self confidence...ppl may simply just not know that you are gay just like them...keep calm and relaxed and keep trying...you will meet someone someday...i am sure of it..:lol: