1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How do I get it through someone's thick skull that the way I feel is legit

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by CalebCael, Oct 20, 2012.

1. CalebCael

Okay so I've had the ever dreaded "well you've never slept with a guy so, how do you know you're not just bisexual?"

Like I can like guys in a romantic sense but I just really cannot stand the idea of sleeping with one. The concept legitimately makes me feel nauseous. I know this has been said to most everyone so, any help would be appreciated. It's just annoying because literally everyone else I've told has understood completely (even the straightest of girls).

It just gets irritating having someone say things like that when literally nobody else has found it difficult to grasp. Thanks for reading through this little rant, I hope you guys have some advice on the matter.~

2. ems

ems

Well maybe u could try to explain to her / him what u just said on here. And If they don't understand still maybe u should give them time and maybe she / he will come to understand .

---------- Post added 20th Oct 2012 at 06:54 PM ----------

... Like if they dont see u with or interested in a guy . But ultimately if they don't understand or accept u are they really ur friend ?

---------- Post added 20th Oct 2012 at 06:57 PM ----------

U have got lots of others who understand which is brilliant . Soz for keep adding stuff but I keep thinking off stuff. If u ever wanna chat in here .

3. Owen

In Loving Memory Full Member

If it's a guy saying it, try responding with, "Well, have you ever slept with a guy? How do you know you're not bisexual?" Switch out "guy" with "girl" as appropriate.

4. timo

I had a question like this a few weeks back. A guy asked how I could be sure I'm gay when I've never done anything with a girl. My response was "how do you know you're straight?". He didn't have much more to say after that :grin:

So I'd go with something like "i assume you've never slept with a guy/girl (same sex as the one who asks), how do you know YOU aren't bisexual?". Or something else along those lines. It probably gets the message across.

edit: Owen beat me to it. Danggg

5. CalebCael

Okay I'm definitely going to have to do that. I can just imagine that shutting them right up. Thanks all! ~<3