1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I never seem to be attracted to gays

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Vanovic, Oct 20, 2012.

1. Vanovic

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I've met so many straight and gay men over the years and even though people keep saying: most gays don't look as gay as people think they do, I never seem to like gay people in a sexual way. To me there's always something gay about any gay I've met so far.

There's something about straight guys I seem to like a lot. I have this problem like all the time.
    I like men in sports for instance, but the couple of sports people having come out happened to be not my types at all.
    Anyone experiencing the same kinda problem?

2. i dont have that problem but maybe its the liking something you know you cant have problem so you want it even more?
    i know a few people have that problem XD

3. BudderMC

Well, of course there's going to be something "gay" about gay guys. :lol:

In all seriousness though, statistically speaking somewhere between 18-19/20 guys are going to be straight. Simple odds say that you're going to crush on more straight guys than gay guys, unless there's something that's really commonly associated with the gay stereotype that attracts you.

Yeah, it sucks, but I wouldn't worry about it too much. There's not a whole lot you can do about who you're attracted to (evidently, else we'd all be straight).

4. gordilocks

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    nah, if i could choose my sexuality i'd deffos be pansexual. but yeah, this.

5. SkyDiver

Well, considering there aren't any other openly gay guys around here my age, it's assumed that every guy I'm attracted to is straight. It sucks. :/

6. StevieD

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Its funny you say that.... I have been closeted for almost 50 years and NO ONE even suspected I was having gay feelings all my life.....There are MANY very masculine gay men that have no stereotypical 'gay' mannerisms.......I am very masculine and am also attracted to masculine men......Its really a weird when someone expects someone to be gay because of how they act.......You Never Know.......:grin:

7. Joey4

I haven't posted here before so before I even have a chance to explain myself, I'd like to place input on this topic.

I completely understand "something gay about gay guys." I've never tried dating a guy before, but I know how I feel around gay guys that are flaming - which would probably be the term most suitable to explain what I mean. There's something unattractive about it, for me personally. I guess I'm saying I'd be more interested and comfortable around a guy who didn't display exuberantly gay mannerisms, or what society would deem as..

8. StevieD

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I agree Joey, I for some reason am attracted to guys that have very masculine mannerisms.......I am not critisizing anyone who is attracted to 'flamers' as you say, but for me personally, I am attracted to ruggedly handsome men if you know what I mean......??????:icon_bigg

9. jimL

There are a hell of a lot of guys out there that aren't effeminate, I'm guessing most! I think the problem with society at large is that they think that most gay people are just like what they see on TV in the San Francisco gay parade. That's not gay America.....but unfortunately most think that it is. Maybe they don't want to know....OMG straight "acting" gays.......they could be lurking anywhere. Scary!

And, not that I don't like effeminate guys, cuz I do. I'm just more attracted to masculine guys.

10. japhy

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I'm a closeted gay guy, considered very masculine and most of the guys I'm into are very masculine athletes and such. But I wouldn't worry about it, let what happens happen. Tastes change, just try and stay open.

11. musikk021

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Yeah, I know where you're coming from. I always fall for straight girls and never seem to like any girl who I know is a lesbian. But that's mostly because most of the lesbians I know are more boyish, and I'm attracted to femmes.