1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Me and my Boyfriend

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Kcaz12345, Oct 20, 2012.

1. Kcaz12345

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    hey everyone:smilewave

ok so i just wanted to know what everyone thought about this:help:. me and my Boyfriend are about 4 years appart(he is 17 and i am 14):bang:. so i just wanted to know what everyone thought. in my opinion age is but a number. and also this is a long distance relationship. but i have some really for real feelings for this guy:kiss:!

2. StevieD

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Maybe Im old fashioned, but I think 14 is a little young to be in a relationship.......This is still a time for experimentation in my book.........

3. IllusiveRannoch

hey congratulations (*hug*):eusa_clap. i'm inclined to think about age like you. might add more later when more comes to mind. but if you really feel for each other, i say go for it.

4. robclem21

Agreed! Especially in this case because it is a long-distance relationship. Often those are stressful and emotionally taxing and you don't get to see each other often. At 14 you should be with someone you can see often and hangout with and just have fun, fool around and go out with.

5. BudderMC

Please explain "I have some really real feelings for this guy".

That's not to cut you down a notch, but I think a large part of what you're feeling is the fact that:

1) You're 14 and want to be in a relationship
    2) You've found someone who (supposedly) genuinely likes you
    3) You've found a guy who's into guys, so this is actually reasonable

Let me put it this way: it isn't doomed for failure, but I don't see much good coming out of this.

I think you need to seriously think about why you want to be in this relationship before we can tell you what we think of it.

You and him also need to be very very clear about the laws regarding minors in your areas, or else things will get messy very quickly. I also agree that age is "just a number", but I promise you the law won't accept that reasoning.

And one last piece of food for thought: ask yourself why a 17 year old guy can't find a guy his age to date, regardless of his sexuality. That's a big red flag for me.

6. Chip

Board Member Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I have to agree with Budder here. 3 years at 14 is an *enormous* age difference.

Additionally, since this is a long-distance relationship, I assume it is online? Not to rain on your parade, but do you absolutely, for sure, know the guy is real and that he is 17 and not older? Have you seen him on cam or something so you know he's real? I hate having to bring these things up, but I've seen an awful lot of people get really hurt in these sorts of situations.

Finally, be really, really cautious about doing any sort of sexual activity over cam. For one, it's a felony at your age, and some states actually charge both parties, even if both are minors. For another, an awful lot of such "private, confidential" cam sessions end up publicly posted on dodgy tube sites, either by angry ex-boyfriends, or by people that actually delight in engaging and manipulating people your age into doing such things... and then make their way all over the Internet.

Finally, I also agree with the basic point of (no offense to you), why an emotionally healthy 17 year old would want to have a relationship, online or otherwise, with someone 3 years younger.

I think you'd do a lot better to try and find someone around your own age, and in your local area.

7. jaysuss

I would say go with it if you really care. I know I would say no now (past experiences are horrible). Long distance relationships never work though. Face to Face is the only way to keep it really In my opinion. I would say 2 is allowed by not 3 years as well.

8. Gen

Gen

I find myself almost lost for words in this thread, because coming from someone who was/is always that "old soul" as a child everyone always misintepreted my age. Which on the internet can bring some risky feelings from others. Some of which I am still friends with today. However, I have always turned them down.

I completely understand where you are coming from so I am not going to scold you. People are always skeptical of people forming feelings over the internet, and although it is understandable, it is really true. In my experience, I am often the Dr. Phil of everyone I talk to. Not in the sense that everyone burdens me with there problems, but I will drag any problem I can sense out of them and at least try to help them get through it lol. Online friendships can be just as close as the physical, possibly even more because online there essentially isnt any personal judgement. Someone can definitely develop close relationships and feelings with others online, and online age isnt as much of a factor as maturity.

But to this relationship I would honestly say it most likely isnt for the best. I know, I get it. In highschool there are often Freshman/Senior relationships.(14/17). However, the problem is that it isnt fair to either of you. Logically you goes will be long distance until you graduate highschool. Then since he is already in college you would probably have to move to his school if you guys wanted to be together. Let us hope that you even have ability to support yourself out there.(Or him support himself with you). Neither of you really get to experiment and branch out a bit, yet neither of you will be able to be together for years. I can go on all day....

Look, I'm not saying that you should cut everything off with him. Actually, I think that would be horrible lol. However, I think it would be a much better idea still stay really close and just make a promise that if you both are still single when you guys can actually be together than you guys will at once. You can still talk to eat other and be with each other in the same way you are now. Just understand that you guys dont have to sign contracts. You are both young and in different conditions. Have Fun. Live a little.

9. Fruitylicious

I am going to say that age isn't just a number, it signifies right from wrong in a relationship. I believe if you want to have a relationship with someone, have it, but only with your own age group or maybe a year difference.

The guy you are seeing will soon be 18 and legally an adult and you will only be 15 or 14 depending on his birthday. I would have to say I wouldn't agree with the realtionship, just on the fact of the age difference between you. Now if you had been 18 and him older, that would be different, you would both be adults and would be able to fully understand what you were getting into.

At the moment you are in the beginning stages towards adulthood and thus are still conflicted with emotions and hormones. I believe what Chip says is true, you are just happy to have found someone that seems to like you, likes guys, and that you have a relationship. Also since this is long distance it will only end in tragedy and heart break.

Now I know I can not tell you what to do, but can only offer some advice, so my advice is go out with someone your own age or a year older or younger. If you cannot find someone then just wait, your time for a relationship will at it's own pace. As for the guy you are seeing, you don't have to just stop talking to him, but just try and be friends.

I hope I have not insulted you in any way, I am just trying to offer my advice and opinion.Whatever you decide and whatever the outcome is, I wish you the best and hope everything works out(*hug*)

10. Kcaz12345

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    omg thank you so much i completely understand exactily what you are saying and i think you are right it would be for the best so i think your idea would be the absolute best for me thank you so much

#10 Kcaz12345, Oct 21, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 21, 2012