1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hes hot!

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by tired_of_lying411, Aug 23, 2006.

1. tired_of_lying411

My mom has known for a few years now, but my dad doesnt.
    We talk openly when hes not around, but I wish I was a little more able to just let loose and say "oh look, that guy's hot!"

My friend, shes a girl, is a year younger than me (im almost 16) talks like that to her mom all the time, I wish I could too.

My mom probably wouldnt care either, its more my problem...

2. NACHO

I Agree With You!

I Wish I Could Say It Too In Front Of My Group Of Friends But I Just Cant! Well At Least With One Of Them Is Ok Because I Came Out To My Friend. But Yeah Hopefully Ill Do It Soon And Just Say What I Think About The Guys!

Oh Yeah Dont You Think That Your Mom Had Talked To Your Dad About Your Sexuality!? I Mean What If She Is Like Trieng To Tell Him About You!

3. tired_of_lying411

i know she wouldnt.

i trust her.

4. step49x

You know, the sooner you tell him, the happier you're going to be, because then you won't have to go around thinking about it all the time.

5. tired_of_lying411

I know, but, as you know, its hard. Its going to happen soon, I just need to find the right opportunity, there WILL be a divine moment of 'this is it', Im sure of it. That's how it happened with everyone else.

And it seems that my 'this is it' moments come at just the right time. When I told my brother, we were on great terms. Now, months later (for other reasons) he doesnt talk much to us, My parents and I just need space from him for a while, and vice versa.

Im really happy that I told him when I did, had I left it any later, I may not have told him for quite a while.

I am half-way through telling one of my best friends right now, and It just seems right. I had the strongest urge to take her for a walk and at least start to get it out there, and It worked. We are going for another walk soon and I will tell her the whole thing then.

I will find the right way to tell him, I'm not letting myself get caught up in the when anymore.

6. NACHO

yes there is allways the perfect moment to tell some one about it. i dont know about how its feel to be out to a parent but i know that my relationship with the one i,ve told changed but for good and im guessing it was the perfect moment when i told hger. but yeah one day your dad will find out. and thats what im sceard of, what if my dad is not happy about it!? grrrrr

7. tired_of_lying411

what a tough thing we all have to deal with. It really bows.

Maybe the reason we are a little more femenine than straight guys is because be're all OCD, because we obsess about who knows, who's going to find out, if that guy sees you looking at him and if hed beat the shit outta you if he did.

We just get in the habbit of obsessing .. lol JK!

8. Proud1p4

Proud1p4 Guest

I'm able to do it around all my friends, and on the VERY odd occaision my sister...but for some reason my mom and me havent reached that stage of comfort yet. And quite obviously i wouldnt put my dad in such an awkward position, so he's out of the question. But eventually it will come and im quite a patient person when called for.:icon_wink

9. tired_of_lying411

yeah, same here with my dad. I wouldnt say to my mom (if i was straight) "Oh look at her, she's so hot!"

Today, In the car, she and I were having a gay-oriented conversation and asked me if there were any gay people at my school (right after talking about my female friend's latest crush) meaning gay people that I liked. It totally could have gone in the direction of "yes mom, I have a crush, hi name is... and he is really....." you get the picture.

Instead, I told her of how all the guys that I knew were gay were all creepy, mainly because theyre all goth. Then explaining that I was more comfortable with guys who'd have to tell me they were gay, meaning thay could pass as straight (like myself). Im gay because I like GUYS, not huys who feel the need to e as feminine as possible, lol :grin:

so yeah, that was nice.

Also, I think that with the one girlfried that I told, I will be ale to d more of ot this coming year, as well as when Im with the girl I plan on telling really soon.

10. tired_of_lying411

whoa, my spelling sucked there, its late, hope you can make it out!

11. zbgirl

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    i can talk to all of my friends about this persons hot or that persons hot espechaly with proud 2b gay456 because he is the main reason i figured myself out so quickly and i thank him for that cuz it saved my a lot of trouble with being very confused and all alon and shit like that

12. Proud1p4

Proud1p4 Guest

I like shy guys, and my ideal partner is masculin (opposites attract). It's not that im extremely feminin. But i'm definitly not masculin. It's not that i pretend to be or feel i need to be because im gay or something, i just...am.

But yeah i'm not extremely picky when it comes to guys right now, there's a few types of guys that are REALLY unattractive but not many for me. Really any guy with a decent bod, Y cromozone and even a shimmer of a good personality....then im game for a daydream (or more lol).

But really, as of right now im keeping my venues open, when im older ill probably get more selective abot who ill like.

13. suburbs_of_sodom

Northern Virginia...neither here nor there
    Yeah, I'm with tired and proud, I tend to be more attracted to more masculine guys...though a few stereotypically feminine qualities are fine. But I never really thought I was that picky until one of my friends was like "You have an idea of perfection and you're never going to be happy because no one will ever be able to live up to that idea" and I was like "thank you doctor phil."

But that was a few months ago when I had a massive crush on one of my friends (who turned out to be straight) and would hardly look at another guy, much less feminine ones.

14. tired_of_lying411

yeah, Im happy with masculine, but not completely, someone that could hold me and tell me everything's going to be allright if I was in a bad situation; but could eassily reverse the roles if they were in the difficult situation.

Having taste in fasion, interior design... all the "thats what gay guys are made for" stuff is pretty much what Im looking for, basically I want someone whos similar to me.

sounds simple enough...

15. step49x

I'm not sure exactly where I stand on the masculine-feminine scale. I'm not at all into sports, but I'm not into clothes or interior decorating, either.

As far as who I think is hot... I really like skinny guys, long hair, quieter personalities, yah.

16. Proud1p4

Proud1p4 Guest

Ooo, ooo *raises hand enthusiatically* pick me, pick me. :lol: Kidding. Not ready for any relationships yet anyway. I'm single and living it up. I dont want a b/f to weigh me down just yet.

17. tired_of_lying411

Im still 15, and never been with anyone at all, in anyway, not even to a dance, neer been kissed, etc. Pretty pathetic, but its hard when you dont know any acceptable gay guys and are in highschool, closeted.

But yeah, Im not rushing into that, I can wait. My brother thinks that I will be 'one of those kids' who goes off to college and goes crazy and hits rock bottom with a few addictions, lol, my parents are going to get me drunk on my 19th birthday so I know what its like, in a safe environment, lol.

18. suburbs_of_sodom

Northern Virginia...neither here nor there
    Hey, join the club :icon_smil: never been kissed, havent gotten drunk...etc, but yeah, it can be really hard when you don't really know any other gay guys...and, in my case, living in large metropolitan area makes it even more frustrating because you feel you should be able to find someone out of the 7 million people there...

But that's really funny that your parents are telling you to go get drunk on your nineteenth birthday...wait...in Canada is the drinking age 18 or 21? Oh well, still, my parents are like "never drink...but since we know you're going to, just leave enough tequila for your mother's margaritas."

19. tired_of_lying411

I thought it was 19 in canada, I feel dumb that I didnt know that, I actually searched for it because I couldnt remember what they said. lol, margaritas.

It was a little awkward when a friend of mine asked me to get drunk with her at my parents' christmas party. She couldnt understand that I really didnt want to. Like no desire.. lol

then she begged me to 'get her drunk' lol.

I evaded the subject fir the rest of the night.

20. step49x

And you high schoolers think your pathetic...

Actually, I was pretty naive when I was in middle school and part of high school. I knew a few gay people in high school, I just never hung around with them. I had a girlfriend in 10th grade (she initiated it), and that's probably when I actually started thinking about all of this.

So yah, I'm starting college having never gotten drunk (or dranken at all, for the matter), never kissed another guy. It's going to be one interesting ride here, let me tell you that...