1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Completely Alone!

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Dessie6339, Oct 21, 2012.

1. Dessie6339

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I have just recently came out to my manager at work, she herself is a lesbian and is completely out. I have always thought that I was attracted to girls but just completely repressed the thought because where I live homosexuality is not accepted. I have dated guys in the past but the connection is not there at all. I feel so uncomfortable when I go out with guys. Up until a few months ago I was completely in denial that I was gay, until I met my manager, but after talking with her it was obvious to me that I was.
    I want so badly to come out but I know that it won't be accepted by my family. Im currently a sophmore in college and plan on transferring to a four year university next year. I'm so ready to graduate with my bachelor's degree and move to a bigger city about an hour away. I know that once I am not dependent upon my parents it won't be as big of a deal. The problem is that if I come out right now I will get kicked out of my house and be disowned by my family.
    I am so tired of being alone. I have no one to talk to and I hate that I can't talk to my friends about this. My only fear is that if I wait to come out, no one is going to want me because I have absolutely no experience with girls. I just don't know what to do.
    Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

2. rg93

You're never alone here :slight_smile: (*hug*)

I know the feeling of slowly going mad because you want to come out. But the problem is, like you said, that your family will disown you. But are you sure about that? If yes, why?

How long would it take to be completely independent of your family? Maybe you can hold out just until then? I know it sucks but becoming homeless isn't really the best option.

And to address your fear of nobody wanting to date you because your lack of experience: I can't say that it isn't the case but I wouldn't see why it would be. I'm not sure how old you are but I could almost say that I'm in the same boat. I'm turning 20 next year and live in a Town with no LGBT scene at all. I'm the only gay person I know IRL and I don't think I'll be leaving for the next few years.

I wouldn't think that someone who is interested in you would not date you just based off the fact that you are new to it. I think that as long as you are up for the challenge, it should be okay. :slight_smile:

3. Crassus

Crassus Guest

If you really fear that they will disown you, you should definitely wait until you are financially independent.

In the meantime, if you need someone to talk to, I would be happy to lend you my ears; feel free to message me, if you want.

Also, if a girl likes you, your inexperience shouldn't matter.

4. Crazyguy

I agree with Crassus, wait until you are financially independent. You do not a crisis to deal with while you are still in school. Don't worry that you're inexperienced. If someone loves you for you that will be relatively insignificant. In fact some prospective partners might like it more than if you we're experienced.

You aren't alone. There are a lot of us here that care.

5. Dessie6339

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    @rg3-I'm almost positive they would disown me and if they didn't kick me out I couldn't deal with the comments I know they would make. I just turned 20 a few months ago and I will hopefully be done with school in about 2 and a half years. I'm just gonna have to wait. Like they say good things come to those who wait!

@crassus-yeah I definitely plan on waiting til I'm financially independent, but thanks for listening!

@crazyguy-thanks for the support and being there!