1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Head vs. Heart

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by pinklov3ly, Oct 21, 2012.

1. pinklov3ly

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm so torn, my head and heart are in two different places. I'm gay, but due to recent events, I'm starting to question myself...a teensy bit. I know who I wanna be with in my heart, but my mind is stopping it; it's completely subconsciously :help:

#1 pinklov3ly, Oct 21, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 21, 2012
  2. Joey4

Elaborate.

3. pinklov3ly

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I wanna be with a woman, but there was a recent tragedy in my kids father's family. I'm so heartbroken, I know I'm gay, but given the circumstances I'm trying to be there for him. I'm sacrificing my happiness for him, he wants to be together, but I can't do it :help:

4. Crazyguy

Have you told him that you do not want to get back together? You can be here for him for support but you shouldn't sacrifice your happiness as you will end up resenting it.

5. Pain

Pain Guest

Hi there :slight_smile:

Be there for him as a friend. This is one of those emotional cases where you (sound like you) feel obligated to do what he wants to console him. You can't let him do that to you if you aren't interested.

There are a couple things wrong with this: you want to be with a woman-- he's a man; you would be with him out of pity-- this must NEVER be done-- it only leads to despair.

Let him know you'll be there for him, but if you get together with him in this case, you'll make yourself unhappy.

Best wishes! Xx

6. pinklov3ly

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Thanks for the advice. He's making me feel guilty, a classic move of his back when we were together. He's using what happened to try to reconnect with me, like, things can go back to what they were. We weren't even communicating before all of this. I'm completely blowing off the girl I'm dating and I think she's losing patience.