1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I hate my "father" so much

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Muraba, Oct 21, 2012.

1. Muraba

Muraba Guest

I was watching the walking dead, favorite tv show. we, me and my brother, made a joke about it and my dad said the most homophobic thing ever. "what if the zombie wad gay" i was so angry and i need to vent. gracious, i hate him, but you can't change people, so i guess i will have to endure it.

2. Caudex

Caudex Guest

How is that homophobic? All he said was, "What if the zombie were gay?" He might be thinking, "Oh, that'd be swell if the zombie were gay because the community would be more integrated." Probably not, but you're jumping to conclusions.

3. Ticklish Fish

Is he implying that zombies have time to procreate into a mass army? so that some are gay and some are straight? i think I need more ammo if zombie apocalypse happens...

4. Mirko

Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi there! Reading between the lines as it were, I am wondering if the comment itself was the problem or if there is something else going on underneath that, and his comment has given you an opportunity to vent. Are you out to your dad? What are his views on LGBT? What is your relationship like, generally with your father?

5. Jared

Along the line of what Mirko said, to me it seems like it wasn't the comment that upset you, but the comment was a trigger for other things to come to the surface. I don't have a good relationship with my father, and he says a lot of things that seem benign to others, but can remind of other things he's said/done and then really upset me.