1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

She could be gay...

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by csocm, Oct 21, 2012.

1. csocm

I mentioned a friend of mine who I thought I might like. Well I have figured out that I like her more as a friend and I am not as attracted to her, it also helps that we are really alike and I think it would be kinda weird to date someone a lot like me.

Anyways, I have been trying to figure out if she likes girls or not. I usually have pretty decent "gaydar" but with her it is such a question mark. First of all, we talk about like tumblr and fandom stuff, mostly brittana (glee). Then we have also had conversations about things like the difference between sex and gender, and other topics somewhat similar. One day she was drawling a rainbow on her wrist and I let her draw one on mine too. The next day was National Coming out day and so she drew another rainbow on both of our wrists. We have also talked about smut and the writing of it and how I find it much easier to write f/f smut than f/m.

One day in class we were talking about this new teacher who is one of those "fabulous" gay guys, and I was talking about how much I loved guys like that. I joked about how the guy in our group wasn't that fabulous and she asked if the rest of us were fabulous. I said no to my other friend but was like "i dunno" about me and her.

So I feel we have been dancing around the topic and neither one of us have actually said anything. I sort of want to come out to her, but I'm not out to tons of people and we don't know each other all that well.

I also think that she might like me, I'm not good with this sort of stuff so I could be completely wrong but... Early on in the year I mentioned how I had like a golf match that night and how I would have a lot of work to make up. The next day she asked me about how the match went, I had completely forgotten that I had mentioned it. When we do group work in bio she now always moves to sit next to me, even though she could move to a free space that is a fair amount closer to her actual seat. She texted me good luck for my tournament and then later asked how it went. She has done some other stuff, but again I am pretty dense about these things.

So right now, I am trying to figure out what to do with/about her, and any advice is appreciated.

2. TheEdend

TheEdend Guest

Come out to her already! She may or may not like you, but from your post it seems that she will at least be supportive and you open the door for other possibilities.

3. Lark

Lark Guest

The force commands you to come out...

Definitely go for it! It's obvious that she will be supportive, and who knows, maybe you possess a better gaydar than you think...

4. csocm

So I came out to her tonight. We were texting and I was like "we have talked about this subject a lot and you have probably guessed it, but i figure i should tell you. I'm gay."

She responded. "Thank you for telling me. Hope you know that, this does not change how I think or see you. I actually am too."

I guess my gaydar is still pretty good. But I think this will be really good for me to atleast have a friend at school who is also gay and we can talk about stuff that we may not be able to talk with other school friends about.

5. TheEdend

TheEdend Guest

That's really great to hear! Congrats on going for it :slight_smile: