1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Just Friends

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Thylia, Oct 22, 2012.

1. Thylia

Out Status:
    A few people
    I have this friend at my school who just recently expressed that she wasn't sure but she might like me and after that she said that she said she 'wasn't sure maybe it was just hormones.' I'm not quite sure how to react to it and whether or not I should just ask her if she has made up her mind or not, but she has been my best friend for ages and I don't want to ruin that. She has never had a boyfriend or girlfriend before and is actually scared of guys but still likes them from a distance. My dilemma is that I'm not sure if it was just a moment thing or if she still likes me and I'm to scared to ask because I'm not sure if I like her that way either but am willing to find out.

Advice?

2. Gravity

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Well, not to sound like I'm stating the obvious, but it seems like she's confused about her feelings towards you - or maybe the hormones thing was a way of "covering" in case you didn't like her back.

In any case, it sounds like there's a lot of uncertainty - whether or not she's uncertain about liking you, you're not certain you like her. What are you looking to find out or gain if you pursue these thoughts about her?

Also, to flip things around, you could ask her why she said both things that she did. I think it's perfectly normal to be confused by them, so asking her what's up would also seem perfectly normal.

3. Thylia

Out Status:
    A few people
    I've had a crush her for a while but I'm hoping to have a relationship with her, I'm just a bit nervous because I've never been in a serious one. It was always just for a bit of fun on both sides and we would never plan to stay together for long. While I have known her since I was about eight and have always gone to the same school.

And okay, thanks for the advice and I'll see if I can ask her