1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dealing with idiots

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Étoile, Feb 5, 2008.

1. Étoile

Some of my classmates are starting to seriously piss me off. There's these two guys in my American Literature class that annoy and pester me everytime I have that class with them (we have A/B days) for like the entire class time. They call me all types of names dealing with my sexuality since I'm not out yet and mock a lot of things I say just to get a rise out of me. Just like today, I come in class and before I can even sit down, one of the boys ask me 'Have you ever played any kind of sport before in your life?' What a dumbasstic question to ask someone! Of course I've played a sport before! I just rolled my eyes and blew him off. Then, everytime I said something, they had to comment and mock me. I thought I was in 10th grade, not kindergarten.

Ironically, they are the only two people that really make a big deal out of my behavior. My friends and classmates I know just jokingly tease me and I know they're just kidding. Sometimes, I want to say something back to them, but I try to be the bigger person and either walk away or blow them off, but they keep going at me like little kids. It's really hard for me to hold my tongue when someone is constantly bothering me. They study me, always waiting for me to say something so they can be the little bitches they are and rudely interupt my conversations with my friends. What should I do: stoop to their level and give them a taste of their own medicine or try to be the bigger person and ignore their stupidity?

2. KatoKumi

Never ever stoop to their level. Stay above them, but not so high that you can't even say something to them. Keep it real, man. Just be proud of who you are. Treat it like it's the thing that makes you awsomee, and always be smooth about it. Maybe you can play it back at them; like, when those guys do that to you. Don't ignore them; because that makes them just wanna do it more. Just be calm and collected like it's nothing out of the ordinary. Because straight guys are so interested except when you're like, treating it like it's just an every day conversation. They want gay responses, play it super gay, lol. Lisp and all.

:/ Idk if this makes any sense, but play it off your shoulder, lol. Just work with what they give you, lol.

Stock up on ammo, so to speak [:

3. Bader

Bader Guest

um i dont know what to say except iam sorry ,and i wish iam at your school to beat the hell outta them.

*Hugs*

4. Étoile

LOL Kato, I don't want to shoot them, just want them to shut up.

I think I'm too self-conscious and shy to act super gay. I'd think they'd tease me even more. The only time I playfully flirt with guys is if I know they won't take me seriously.

5. Perrygay

Perrygay Guest

Typical Georgia trash I suspect. Believe me, I see it everyday, but I'm lucky because no one ever bothers me.

I don't think theres really all that much you can do about those kind of people, they're ignorant now and probably will be when they're grown. When they say something to you, just turn around and simply, but loudly, say "Shut the Fuck Up." If you look them in the eyes, they're not going to know what to do because it's going to be a surprise.

6. Bevo

Bevo Guest

Just ignore them. I would if i was confronted by such idiots...some of the things that they say are really pathetic and you shouldn't pay them any attention, just brush them off and continue with what you r doing.

7. Level N Human

Maybe you should ask them why they seem to be concerned with all things gay.

8. Brett

I get alot of crap like this too, so ur definentally not alone. What I would recomend is to do just what Level N Human said. She's exactly right, if u ask them why they care so much, I can almost guarentee that they won't have a very good answer.

9. Chaz

I'm in pretty much the same pool as you man. Throughout the last 4 and a half years things got a lot worse in terms or harassment. It really isnt fun to get thrown into lockers and called fat all day xD. Of course, dad thinks telling the principal is going to make anything better, because as soon as a student finds out its just another thing to try to pester me about lol. To be honest, if someone were to get physical again and there weren't 2 or 3 other people, I'd just try to deck them. It would probably be a detention or Saturday school, but it would let them know I don't want it. I wouldnt suggest always using that approach though, because 9/10 of the time if you ignore them long enough they will leave you alone. Good luck!

10. Étoile

Funny thing is, I've asked them why they care so much about my personal life before and they avoided the question. I should ask them again just to see what they say.

And Perry, we seem to have alot of trash here in Georgia, don't we?:dry:

Chaz, my bullying was never that severe but it really sucks to be the object of someone's negative attention. I don't see the point of bullying; don't people have better things to do with their lives then try to put others down?

11. GlindaRose

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Try this: "Why are you so interested in gay stuff unless you're gay yourself?" That might knock the wind out of them lol...it could be that they're insecure about themselves so they're behaving like idiots to try and brush it off.

12. pressured

some place in Montana that isn't even on the map
    i have the same problem in study hall these three boys sit around me (were in assigned seats) and they always poke me steal my backpack and blow air on me they finally got on my nerves so much telling each other what to do to me next as if i wasn't there i finally turned around and told them off i just embarssed myself further because they acted like nothing happened and such :***: just don't do that i soon moved from that spot afterwords and now i'm better except i'm sitting next to some kids that just won't shut up soo the point of this story just ignore them don't blow up and move to a different seat

13. Alexander

VERY good plan for several reasons:

1. They might be doing it for attention from the girls. If so, you have female friends who could tell them that it's pretty effed up and doesn't get them anywhere in their books.
    2. They don't want to seem gay, so they're putting on a show.
    3. one or more of them may be hiding their sexuality, which, unless they are a very good actor, you may be able to judge from their reaction (and if so, you get not only a friend, but you get to help someone out with exactly what you just went through).
    4. If they're just jerks, then you'll find that out too and you can call in some outside adult help.

What you should NOT do under any circumstances is let them show you up. You have to be the better man than them, otherwise you will become just another faggot to beat up.

:thumbsup:

14. Bader

Bader Guest

um i think i heard somewhere (lol i think Lisa from the Simpsons ), that most people that use the word *gay* or mention it are most likely to be gay themselfs.

i saw this this special episode on Oprah Winfery the other day where she talks about bullying and Phsycologists say most bullying result from self inscurity.

I think you are right Heatqueen :thumbsup:

15. wickedboi

I wouldnt say "stoop to their level" but sometimes walking away and being the bigger person doesnt help much. Cuz they will just keep trying to get somin outa ya. Turn to them, and tell them to their weasel little faces that they are just a bunch of idiots and that you've seen 3 year olds act more like men then they do.

16. CrimsonThunder

Instead of just "blowing it off" stick up for yourself because they're just viewing you as a wimp. (sorry I can't think of a better word to use at the moment) And thats why they're picking on you.

You gotta be strong, brave and confident in yourself look them in the eyes and have your chest forward and when they say something say: "Why don't you pick on someone that actually cares about what you say?" or something similar to that. It should work, they'll get the drift that you don't care about it. Might continue for a day or two but afterwards they will stop.