1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ahhhh!!

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by nintenfreak92, Feb 5, 2008.

1. I've been so stressed lately that I haven't been able to sleep lately. It's because everytime I close my eyes to go to sleep, a million thoughts and worries rush into my head. I can't get it to stop and now I'm afraid I'm going to fall behind in school. I can't talk to my parents because whenever I try to talk to them about something I don't feel as if they are listening. I don't know, I just AHHHHH!!!!

2. Bader

Bader Guest

*hugs* i hate those times ,its just so stressfull

3. Orion

Scream, that's actually a good stress relief :slight_smile:
    What worries you and how? I went through some insomnia episodes lately and I know from experience that it's not at all pretty. Besides, it has a tendency to transform into a spiral so, you have to find what it is that's really bothering you.

4. Right now alot of things are bothering me...
    1)I am president of my class and we have a fundraiser coming up and I don't think its gonna go well.
    2) my parents have been argueing alot lately.
    3)whenever I talk to my stepdad he makes me feel like I am not worthy to talk to him.
    4)Now I feel like I am just trying to through a pity party for me.

5. Pepsi

Pepsi Guest

Ahh you need to breath, It sucks when things snowball like that but you just gotta sit down breath and then think about things one at a time.

1) Don't worry, the worst that could happen is that you try your best and thats not all that bad.

2) Honestly, parents always fight it doesnt really mean anything

3) Im sure your stepdad doesnt mean to make you feel like that. You should find something you guys have in common. ( like I didnt ever use to really talk to my stepdad until I starting playing this Online game he was obsessed with. Now we are alot closer)

4) Sometimes we could all use a pity party

6. biisme

you can always talk to me. just send me a message.

7. otc877

otc877 Guest

1) Just because you're the president, doesn't mean the sole responsibility of the fundraiser is on you. Branch out and brainstorm with the people who elected you.

Sleeping advice! WOOO

Whenever I have a restless mind at bedtime, I plug my ears with my fingers and concentrate on the ringing sound it makes. After a while I get drowsy and my mind is calm.

Same concept applies for a fan, tv, radio... any thing that makes a noise. If the noise is steady and unchanging it's better.

Fundraiser Ideas:

Bake Sale - they seem lame, but when my newspaper class did it, we made a hefty profit.
    As the materials are relatively inexpensive, and generally yield a high crop. (1 brownie box makes 12 brownies?)
    Candy - teens are candy craving fiends. They'll pay ridiculous amounts of money for a candy bar.
    Carwash - althought it's somewhat out of season (winter), but you should do decently with one...

Just some ideas, but I find that any type of food item sells big! Especially cup-o-noodles... they're so cheap and can be sold for a high profit. Get some.

8. divadarya

Let's see..Class President, parents are fighting, stepdad is being a...&*%$ and you just happen to be gay.
    What's makes me think that you think everyone else is "counting on you to hold it together"? Holding everyone together is NOT your job, especially at 15; you be a kid.
    My advice is step back and be human...ask for help with the fundraiser; people love it when a leader asks for help and ideas. Know you are part of something bigger, and love your family, thats all you can do.
    xo Darya

9. Thanks everyone, Also I really like the candy thing so we are going to sell little bags with the hershey hugs and kisses in it and we will deliver them on valentines day, so you could send hugs and kisses to your sweetheart on valentines day. I know awwwww!