1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Advice required

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Mrmayer01, Oct 22, 2012.

1. Mrmayer01

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Hi all,

Someone said something tonight that I can't get out of my head. He seemed to think I get repelled by men and I have no idea why.

I like both men and women, at the moment, I just want to have sex with men, emotionally I'm not ready to have a bf.

If I want to be shagged and rimmed - does that make me gay? I've only slept with 2 men and they were both a disaster:

1. Was passive and got it up to insert in me briefly - when he touched my penis whilst I was on top, it felt like nothing I have ever felt before (amazing);
    2. The other guy was a tosser!

Tonight all I wanted was a man - and in truth all this has only come about after facing the childhood abuse I suffered. It did help me to understand why my mind has hidden some of it, enjoying it at 7 years old!

2. Amicus

You seem very self-aware to me :slight_smile: It's perfectly fine to want to be shagged and rimmed by a man without having a boyfriend---just make sure that any potential partners you have know that you're not looking to date them.

I'm sorry to hear about your history of abuse. That's a terrible thing to have gone through. But I am glad to hear that you've come to an understanding about your sexual desires despite this. Wanting these things doesn't necessarily make you gay. If you're attracted to women as well, you could very well be bisexual, but even being bisexual doesn't mean that you'll always have a perfect 50-50 balance of attraction to both men and women all the time. Just embrace the attractions you are feeling and enjoy them!

As to why your friend thinks you're repelled by men, could you ask him to identify specific things that make him think this about you?

3. Mrmayer01

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Thanks. It wasn't a friend but a guy I was talking to on ****** - in my experience many (but not all) the men on there are either time wasters or tossers! I will ask him but incidentally his comment came after I told him about the abuse.

Your reply was a relief, I thought I may have been going mad.