1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Heartbroken... ,:'(

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by myheartincheck, Oct 22, 2012.

1. myheartincheck

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I told my best friend today in a scroll in our secret code that I'm in love with her.

I knew she'd say "I just wanna be friends" (via email) but it really hurt having it confirmed.

Part of me is glad she finally knows, (been holding it in for 2 years) but I'm mostly heartbroken... ,:'( I can't focus on college or anything!!! I'm soooo depressed but I'm glad to know... HOW DO PEOPLE GET OVER THIS!?! :tears::tears::tears:

2. Alexanderp

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Sorry to hear that. I feel that telling them you love them either starts the moving on process or of course, takes the relationship to a new level. I myself haven't had it happen to me yet. Emphasis on yet. It'll probably happen this friday. I just feel that you need to tell them so that they know why you're distancing yourself, which I feel you need to do also, in order to get over them. Pain will happen, I know. I'm in a lot of emotional pain right now with what I've been going through, but I feel that if you want to move on, you need to do it. What do I know though? I'm only 15, I haven't had it happen to me yet, I've been going off what I've been seeing and been as logical as I could. So yeah.
    Really sorry to hear that, and just know. You're not alone. I'd wait for someone to agree with my advice before you take it. I just want to help though.

3. myheartincheck

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I won't disregard your advice just cuz I'm a measly 5 years older than you XD Thank you... I have been distancing myself but I knew I had to tell her before she started wondering why our friendship was being so strained

4. Amicus

Congratulations on having the courage to tell your friend. You did the right thing by not continuing to nurse these feelings in secret and let them blow out of control.

As to how to get over her:

(1) The most obvious (and least comforting/useful) point is that it will take some time. It feels like a freshly torn wound right now, but as you go on with your life, the pain will lessen. Maybe you'll always have some kind of feelings for your friend, but you almost certainly won't feel them as intensely as you do know.

(2) Give yourself a week or some other fixed period of time to wallow in self-pity, rage, and depression. Feel these feelings to their fullest. Vent to us and to your other friends if you like.

(3) After that, make a point of trying to resume your normal habits. If you find thoughts of her creeping up, don't try to suppress them, but don't spend a lot of time dwelling on them either. Be kind to yourself: read a book, watch a movie, clean your room, go for a walk, cook a meal, etc. Show yourself that life can (and will) go on.

5. myheartincheck

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Thank you. I do feel like I need to wallow in self pity and anger. =/ I do think I should finish reading the books she let me borrow so I can return them when I see her later. (I'm trying to put off when I see her to allow myself time to heal) :icon_sad: