1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My Mom

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by jaysuss, Oct 22, 2012.

1. jaysuss

I am not sure if this would fit in here but I feel it needs to be shared.

My mom is the most amazing person in the world. When i speak of her this is my step mom who adopted me. I was not born from her and yet I feel the most amazing emotions when I am around her. In the past couple weeks she has supported me and stuck with me through me coming out to the first few people. She has put her credibility on the line to make sure I am safe from harm from anyone. She has done so many things other people haven't like my dad who is the actual genetic one. When I first came out to her she was right there ready to support me without even thinking. At that moment I knew she loved me and would never stop no matter what I did. The night I came out she described it as thus:
    "The pain and fear you are going through is incomprehensible by a person like me(meaning straight) You are perfect the way you are but the path ahead of you will be harder then most. You are to go on this journey for better or for worst but let me tell you that it won't be you..it will be WE will go through this journey together. You will become me and we will triumph through this as one. I love you and nothing will ever change that"

This still makes me tear up because she said it with such emotion. She genuinely mean that we are one and we will do this as 1. She made me feel like nothing was ever different or will be.

As i said this probably doesn't go here but she deserves recognition for what she has done for me. I love her.

2. Jared

Your step mom is awesome, I wish my parents were like that. You are very lucky. :slight_smile:

3. Lance

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It sounds like you have a fantastic mother. :grin: There need to be more like her.

4. Ruthven

She sounds like a really beautiful person. Glad you have someone like her in your life. :slight_smile:

5. Ticklish Fish

this might go into.. congratulations/intro/welcome? XD

6. HatterMad

That is awesome. you are so lucky

7. Alexander69

OMG you are so freaking lucky you have no clue. I can't have a conversation with my mom with out her zoning out and ignoring me. Or arguing because she feels she's always right. I love her but honestly she needs to grow up fr once In her life