1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Alright, um, help?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by JakeHas, Oct 22, 2012.

1. JakeHas

Hey everyone! I've only come out to 2 people as bisex. my girlfriend (whome of which didn't break up with me when I told her!) and one of my mother's co-workers I trust for various reasons. I've been wanting to tell my sister somehow but I have no idea how she is going to take it! I dread coming out to family, this will be difficult. I am 14 (yeah, young, deal with it <3) and my sister is 18. We have a pretty goo relationship that siblings could get, but I have no idea how to tell her, when, or even where! Can you all give some ideas that I could use in order to successfully tell her?
    Thanks!

2. jaysuss

I thought day in and out about coming out to my sister and that really built up my confidence. I thought of questions to ask her and to find out if she loved me. I did this at night because that way if it didn't go as planned I would just fall asleep. I had simply brought her into my room and sat her down.

3. Raindrop

Tell her in a way that you feel comfortable when you feel ready. A song, a poem, a letter, a video, a quick "I like guys and girls" a full on sit down conversation. If you need to see her reaction ask her about that kind of thing. Refer to an lgbt celebrity or friend.

I'm bisex/asex (which weird to be) and out to one person and I'm bisexual and I don't know how I can ever tell my brother. I know it's not exactly a vote of confidence but I thought you might like to knoe that I can relate.

#3 Raindrop, Oct 22, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 22, 2012