1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A Night of Firsts

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Astaroth, Feb 6, 2008.

1. Astaroth

Not sure where I should post this since, well, I'm still a little drunk and this looked like as good of a place as any :lol:

So, I had three major first-times tonight all packed into one and my head is still spinning. Okay, so a feminist speaker named Jessica Valenti (wonderful woman!) is in town to give a speech for the Pro-Choice students at the University. My best friend, Julianna (who I'll now call Jules because it's easier to type) is the main liason for Jessica. Anyway, Jules invited me to go out with her and Jessica on the town since it's Super Fat Tuesday. I figured, what the heck - I haven't seen Jules in several years now, and I'd also love to sit and chat with Jessica because she's freaking hilarious. Anyway, we went out to a local bar (or pub for you foreigners :icon_bigg ) and shot the breeze for about two hours. But meeting her was one of my firsts. She's sort of a legend in the feminist community, and to sit down one-on-one with her and just see her as a person and not a figurehead was wonderful. And she's having her event in my hometown tomorrow, which I'll be attending. So exciting.

ANYWAYS.... back to the juicy bits. So, after Jessica retired to her hotel room for the night, Jules and I decided to go back out on the town since it was hopping. And Jules wanted to go to AmVets (short for American Veteran's), the one-and-only gay bar/pub in town. I hadn't been to AmVets before, but I figured what the heck, nothing lost nothing gained. So I agreed to go. I had SUCH a fun time there. We sat and chatted the night away, and the atmosphere was so laid back that I didn't feel like I had to perform the "straight show" like I sometimes do at non-gay bars/pubs. So, that was my second "first"... going to a gay bar for the first time.

Now comes the really good stuff! So, this Hispanic guy (kind of cute I might add) struck up a conversation with Jules primarily, thinking that she was Hispanic herself (she's Greek, but her skin tone is similar to his). After a minute, I started to get pissed. I mean.. we're at a GAY bar and the guy is hitting on my friend! :roflmao: But just as I thought I was out of the loop, he turned to me and asked if I wanted a drink. I couldn't think of anything to say but "sure," so we bought a round of shots (only two, none for Jules... at this point she sensed the change in atmosphere I think) and downed them immediately. And that's when it happened. Suddenly, he leaned forward and we were kissing. :eek: (!) :eusa_clap And that's how my first guy-on-guy kiss happened, lol. It was too short, but still sweet. He thanked me for the drinks and right then Jules decided it was about time to go, which made it less awkward for all of us to leave (I certainly wasn't going to take him home with me, lol).

On the way out, she looked at me with this big, cheesy smile and said "did you just make out with that guy?" :lol: I shrugged and said ".....maybe...?" with an equally-cheesy smile. So, if I ever had any doubts about whether or not I'm gay... those have been eternally banished now. :roflmao: Sorry to keep rambling... I'm just sort of buzzed and thrilled from this whole night and had to get it out before I start giggling uncontrollably or something.

Oh! On the way out of the bar, the sweetest lesbian pointed out that my fly was undone! I was SO mortified. I can only imagine what went through the minds of the six or seven people standing outside the door! :roflmao: It was totally innocent, but by that point I was feeling kind of devilish, so I simply smiled and zipped it up as I left. Some guy near the door clapped. Apparently, I was a good show. :lol:

So, anyway, that's my night of first-times. First time meeting Jessica Valenti. First time at a gay bar. And first gay kiss. All in one night. Whew! :thumbsup: I think I'm going to go to bed now. Thanks for listening. Hopefully I don't regret typing this in the morning, lol. :smilewave

2. GlindaRose

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Wow sounds like you've had an exciting time! I've been dreaming of my first girl-on-girl kiss for ages. Lucky you. :grin:

3. nickmc

wow! sounds like a fantastic night! Good for you! :eusa_clap

I am also jealous- would quite like to have the guts to do any of the above firsts!

4. Lane

Sounds like you had a great time Astaroth, congratulations on your night of firsts!

5. Astaroth

Yeah, I know, I should be in bed right now. But just before I logged off, I decided to check my Myspace page for updates. And low and behold, my favorite cousin (not the one I talked about in the "Yes or No?" thread) just added me as a friend and wrote me such a sweet message saying that she was proud of me for finally coming out and that she had always known and it didn't change a thing between us. I just don't know what to say! *swoons* (!) Can this night get any better!? Maybe I should buy a lottery ticket? :roflmao:

6. Lane

Sounds like you just can't loose. So if you win the lottery just remember us little people. Congratz again for your wonderfull night, and I am happy your cousin was ok with everything.

7. sdc91

Wow, that's great! Sounds like you had a lot of fun. You going to do it again sometime soon?

Minus the XYZ part in a gay bar. =X lol

8. beckyg

beckyg Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    A passionate kiss from a random stranger, that is what fantasies are made of Astaroth! :roflmao: I'm happy you had a good time and the message from your cousin was awesome! Congratulations!

#8 beckyg, Feb 6, 2008
    Last edited: Feb 6, 2008
  9. panda

Wowie!! Zowie!!(!) (!)

10. Psychedelic Bookmarks

wow! cool night!! it must have been so cool to meet that famous feminist ^_^ and congrats on your first kiss too, obviously :grin: what a heart warming story.

11. Paul_UK

Paul_UK Guest

What a great night - congrats! :slight_smile: (!)

12. biisme

that's awesome!!!

13. Desire

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Sounds like you had an awesome time!
    Congrats!

14. acorn7

Really cool! :grin:

15. Alex89

Wow, I don't think you could possibly have had a better night! (unless somehow you won the lottery too)

I'm really looking forward to meeting a nice guy and having my first guy-on-guy kiss. Incredibly nervous about it, but excited too.

16. Nodnarb

Congrats! Sounds like you had fun!

17. Time

Aww, that's really sweet and exciting. Congratulations!

18. Astaroth

You know, that's the really interesting thing looking back on it now. When I used to think about it before it all went down, I always figured I would be as nervous as hell both before and during the kiss, especially if there were other people around. But when it suddenly happened, I didn't have a care in the world. There was a bartender right in front of us, Jules was there, and probably about thirty or so people in the bar as well. But I distinctly remember there was no nervousness as it happened. It was probably just the rush of relief and satisfaction and the breakdown of all that repression over the years. :lol: Heck, I wanted to pull him in for another one before we left. I should have. Ah well... it's a start. :grin:

19. Bader

Bader Guest

Thats such a fun night !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    happy stories!
    Congratulations Astaroth!

20. Andrew1403

Andrew1403 Guest

sounds like a great night out...thats awsome buddy..i wish i was in your shoes and had that experience..:lol: