1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What do you look for in a partner? Appearance, emotional, money, similarities.

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Alexander69, Oct 23, 2012.

1. Alexander69

What do you look for in your partner?

2. Maddy

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Someone who's very caring and affectionate, and who I can talk to easily and share a wavelength with. Those are the important things to me. Money means nothing (most people I know in my age group are students without much money) and appearance isn't a big deal. If I click with you, and can talk and joke with you and it feels natural, and we just get each other, that's what makes me fall for you.

3. Kairez

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I have to agree with Maddy. Money isn't really an option on my list, though I've grown accustomed to being the figurative breadwinner in the few relationships I've had. I'm more interested in the people I can talk to without censure, the guy who “gets it.” Appearance is quite irrelevant to me; I've been attracted to guys in the +250 pound/110 kilogram range solely because we clicked on a personal level. Someone who can be as caring and affectionate to me as I can be to them will always win in my book.

4. jimL

Well, for me he must be good looking, smart, intelligent (preferably college degree), likes the outdoors, but also likes to stay home. Money is not an issue but he must have a job or heading in that direction. I think it's important to be a contributing member of the family. I've seen too many people that don't work for a long time lose their self esteem. I am interested only in guys that take care of themselves. Not that they have to have six pack abs, but that is pretty hot! I find "overly muscled" guys a turn off.

5. Pat

Pat

I really don't know. lol. He has to be charming, he has to be confident, he has to make me better, attraction is a must but personality is the bread winner. I dunno really. I don't have a dream guy. He can be a jock, he can be a nerd, he can be artsy, etc etc.

6. SecretColor

From St. Louis, MO; go to school in Philly
    I'm most interested in guys who aren't afraid of being different. Usually what this means is they have some, or like me, several, quirky traits they aren't afraid of putting on display.

7. Night Rain

Can I have all? LOL Just kidding. I can't really say. I guess if we click, we click. I'm not purposefully looking for a person with a particular set of characteristics.

It would be nice if he has kind eyes, kind smiles. It'd be even nicer if he is artistic (can sing, play musical instruments,...).

8. Redell

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    SO MANY THINGS! I'd say they have to be kind, witty and open.

I don't think money's important as long as they have a career goal in life or are trying to find one. I don't think appearance is that important in the long run, it helps at the start.

I like really average, genuine looking guys though.

9. Jinkies

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    All I ask for in my partner is that he's there to have fun with (take that any way you want), to protect me and for me to rest on when I need it, and most importantly, to cuddle with when I've slumped into deep depression. I'll do anything else that's required (unless it pushes my boundaries, which would be.. say..driving him to work at 1-3 in the morning). Looks? Maybe. Money? Forget it. As the Beatles say, "Can't buy me love"

#9 Jinkies, Oct 23, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 23, 2012
  10. needshelp

someone who i can find a common ground with, is understanding and i can get along with. someone who can accept me for who i am and i'll do the same for them. i also don't want to deal with someone who's also going to be a problem for me. to be honest with you, i think that there's way too much guys outthere that make too much demands for an ideal partner but yet have little to offer for the most part. basically, they're selfish as hell. why ask for a guy to have all these things that you don't even have yourself or have little to offer? they want you to be superman but yet all they have to give is sex and a hug. very annoying which is why i'm honestly wondering about dating @ this point. i think i'm better off being single until i meet someone who isn't complicated.

i'm a guy that just has simple needs. i would prefer to mess with a down to earth guy with a simple imagination that knows how to have fun. people make simple things complicated.

#10 needshelp, Oct 23, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 23, 2012
  11. Andrew91

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    He would be somebody who loves joking and having fun, and talking together alot. Someone who enjoys quirky or kinda nerdy things and likes to go places with me. As far as appearance, I'd like him to have dark brown hair, brown or hazel eyes, be around 5'7"-5;9", as I'm only 5'9" myself. But whoever I fall in love with one day may be totally different or just the same, either way I'll be glad when I meet that person!

12. Toffee

Height is an interesting one because I've found that I'm more attracted to shorter men and women. Men below 6' usually 5'6"-5'10" and women shorter than me (I'm 5'3") 5'0"-5'2" and I put this down to only being short myself.

13. Alexander69

I look for a guy who takes care if himself, loves me and had a good job. He needs to be classy and enjoy similar things as me.

14. Rarar

Money - not really an issue. Someone confident, loud, caring, affectionate, passionate and funny. Ideally, someone older than me. Pretty much a man's man, if you get my drift...

15. malachite

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I have extremely varied tastes when it comes to looks for a guy.
    as for personality, I like nerds (since I'm one) D&D, video games, TCG, zombies if you're into those we have a shot

16. pinklov3ly

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I used to think I was picky, but whew! I want someone similar to me in appearance, height isn't an issue, but weight is. I want someone who's pretty, smart, funny and compassionate. Being funny is #1, it's a must! :slight_smile:

17. timo

I tend to crush on guys who are complete opposites, but if I should make a description...

My ideal guy is a tad younger than me. He's not too masculine but not feminine either, something like the best of both worlds. Someone I can laugh and have fun with, but who's with me (and who I'm with) on the serious sides of life too.

He and I don't necessarily have to have the same interests. Of course some common ground would be cool, but as long as he respects the stuff I love and I can respect his, I don't see it as a problem. In the end we might get each other interested in our hobbies. However, I don't think I can be with a guy who's obsessed over something I think is retarded.

Oh, my ideal guy shouldn't want to have sex all the fucking time (yeah, pun intended). I'd be perfectly happy in a relationship just cuddling and kissing, but of course love is a two way street so I'll give him what he wants too.

Edit: oops this turned out long. But I don't feel I'm being being super picky, or am I? :grin:

18. Toffee

Does anyone else feel like masculinity versus femininity matters in a potential partner?

19. SecretColor

From St. Louis, MO; go to school in Philly
    I don't feel like it matters, just because since you're not gonna be 100% like your partner no matter how similar you are/aren't, one of you is gonna be more masculine and one is gonna be more feminine. I've been attracted to guys who are more feminine than I am, and guys who are more masculine.

20. Sesshomaru

I'd say my attraction to a guy depends all on the guy. Ideally I'd want someone who's passionate when they care about someone, affectionate and comfortable being around each other in public (doesn't mean we'd be making out in front of the masses, but I'd like to be able to randomly hold his hand without him snatching away from me), able to have a conversation with each other on any subject, and can be goofy yet serious when needed. I'm a pretty playful and affectionate person so someone that's the same would be awesome.

As for looks, I don't mind much. I'm attracted to a bunch of types. Personality would always be the winning factor though since it plays a huge role with me. Money holds no value with me since there are far more important things.

Oh and no smoking/drugs :slight_smile: