1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I need help

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by bryan176, Oct 23, 2012.

1. bryan176

Been a while since I have been on here and need some help. I have started to come to terms with the fast that I have some sexual fetishes which include BD and Latex/rubber. I have hit a point again in started to accept this where I am scared to death of this and do not want this to be a part of me. I am not sure what to do here can anyone assist me or point me in the right direction where I can get help. I don't want to go back into my depression again. any help would be really appreciated.

2. Toffee

Hi Bryan, I do not have these sort of fetishes but from what I understand it's perfectly normal and as long as these fetishes are practised by consenting adults they hurt no one.
    If you are depressed or worried that you might be getting depressed I think you should look for a counsellor.

3. bryan176

I have tried that I ended up leaving after 2 sessions because she was telling me what I already knew, and most of this work needs to be done my me. I do not feel like I am failing back into my depression but it comes and goes and I can live my life as normal.

In this case I am just scared how people might take it, I myself find it strange but yet again I want to embrace it. I want it to not be a part of who I am and have considered living my life as if it does not exist. Then again that would be living a very unhappy and full life.

I just don't know what to do here, Only 1 friend knows who was able to pry it out of me, he thinks it hot. I think I just need more time to consider my options and go from there But I really do appreciate the help feel free with anymore advice.

4. Lance

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    What exactly is it that scares you about the fetish?

5. bryan176

The fact that it is weird and out of the ordinary, Mostly. I do not know anyone who has these sort of things so I am like lost

6. Lance

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I wouldn't say it's all that unusual. BD and latex/rubber fetish is quite common among "fetishes" and I doubt you'd know if someone you knew was into it as well since it's not something people really talk about in normal conversations, lol. It's really not all that weird. If it is something that really turns you on, then when/if you have a partner, I would see if it is something that they would be interested in exploring with you. You're not some freak. Everyone has their own kinks. :wink: Have you looked for any online forums that are related to what you like?

7. bryan176

No I haven't Been trying to surprise it. I do know it doesn't come out in a normal conversation that would be funny.

8. burg

i found myself fascinated by restraints when i was like 8 or nine.my fetish side doesn't really bother me.i don't think going down the route of wishing you weren't into it is going to help you at all.wishing away parts of your self you cant change is a path to depression.i know its easy to say don't dwell on it sorry .if it can make you feel better.i have 3 friends 2 girls one guy into fetish all straight.they don't know im into it.i noticed it doesn't really say much about who they are as people.one of the girls is 21 innocent pretty yet is a real dom sadistic . i didn't believe her till she took me to her show at a bdsm club . i was saying ''what really'' a lot .

9. bryan176

I am usually pretty good at avoiding depression. But what you jut said is easier said then done. But have you ever wished there was a part of you that wasn't you who are?

10. bryan176

I really appreciate everything you guys are doing, I am not trying to be Mr. Negative I really am not. THis is just really hard for me to accept and now I half to ask this.

If you where in my place what would you do?

11. burg

yea lots i used to try and wish the gay away.i would add ive dwelled on events in my life too.i saw a lecture in oz about dwelling on things you have no power to change.if you dwell focus on things with a possible solution thats ok just remember you are doing it for a solution.the trap is when you dwell on things witch you cant solve.i used to do it before bed a lot.then i started listening to audio books history of rome ect when i start going down that route.and basically said to myself fuk it these are my cards lets play poker.i still stress a little out about coming out more.but have let certain issues go.any way pup muzzles and cages are hot join dark side.

12. Toffee

Well it may be that that particular counsellor was not right for you but another may be. But if you don't feel like you need counselling right now then don't have it.

If you have at least one friend that finds it hot then what are you worried about! Also I don't know if you have noticed but it is pretty fashionable right now to be into BDSM. Fifty Shades of Grey?

I do have a question to ask you though; do you feel you can't be turned on/have sex unless you participate in these fetishes or is it just a welcome addition to sex?

13. bryan176

I don't feel like I can't be turned on if I don't part take it this but yet again I have never had sex, yet so I can't be sure. But It is a lot easier for me to get turned one when I think about it or look at sites that have male on male BD.