1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Am I doing it all wrong??

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by kylegf2011, Oct 23, 2012.

1. kylegf2011

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    So today I saw the rainbow bracelet guy, and we started talking, and it was pretty cool, we went to buy a drink and talked alot. Then we went to class, and after that I saw him on the bus again and he sat beside me. We talked all the way, and he showed me videos and all. But almost when we got there he seemed a little different, like a little annoyed (at least I thought he was annoyed) so when I left I said goodbye, but instead of feeling good I kind of felt I had bored him or annoyed him somehow.

Well I don´t know why but I just couldn´t resist and I texted him. I just said jokingly "sorry if I annoyed you with my conversation topic".... I don´t know why, but now I feel that only made things worse. I feel he must be scare to death of me or something :bang:

Do you guys think I totally messed it up?? I mean we did have a good chat back in school, and even on the bus... and he even might not have been annoyed with me.... :bang: Im not liking myself alot right now :dry:

2. Mirko

Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi there! I think you are over analyzing it. I don't think you messed it up. :slight_smile:

As you have started saying, there could be different reason, unrelated to your conversation or to you, why he felt the way he did or why he came across as being different. Maybe he thought that showing you the videos was a bit over top or he felt awkward about it in the end.

I'd suggest to wait for his response to your text. If he doesn't text back, don't worry about. Just leave it as it is, and tomorrow continue try talking with him.

3. Chip

Board Member Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    There's a common phenomena where if you have a certain perception of yourself (for example, that you're not worthy of a relationship), that belief will filter all of your experiences.

In this case, the filter is (I think, anyway) assuming he's annoyed with you when, most likely, there's absolutely no reason to think that's the case. Look at what happened when the first meeting didn't happen... you immediately assumed he wasn't interested, and he was. So assume, here, that you were wrong in your assumption, just as you were the first time... and see where it leads. :slight_smile:

4. Toffee

You are totally over analysing this! But I know what that's like because I do the exact same thing! lol Take a chill; I'd say he's interested in you :slight_smile:

5. Pret Allez

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    This is the chill pill.