1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Piercing.

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Rachyl, Oct 23, 2012.

1. Rachyl

Rachyl Guest

I would like to get my left ear pierced. Should I get it professionally done or do it at home?:confused:

2. Bree

Professionally!

...says the person who pierced her sister's cartilage. Twice. And her friend's, once.

A piercer is trained to get it in straight, knows how to avoid contamination, etc. etc.

3. Rachyl

Rachyl Guest

I have a freckle in my left lobe all my life and people just assumed it was pierced. Now I actually want it done. Would that still be a good place to get it done?

4. MichaelB

I would go to a professional. Although if it's just your lobe and you're feeling brave, it is possible to do at home but not recommended. I pierced my own lips and my lobe on my own. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

I have a feeling that if you go to a professional they might be abit reluctant to pierce over a freckle. I have one on my lip and when I went to get my helix's done, they literally said something like 'what idiot pierced over that?' and yeah, just sat there awkwardly being like 'me...' >.>.

5. The Queen Bee

You could do it at home...
    I have had like eleven piercings (most have closed by now)...
    I just think it's too masoquistic to do it yourself.
    But, that's just me. I just HATE neddles (and yep, I have lots of piercings... lol).

I strongly suggest you go to a professional. It's so easy to get those things infected.
    My left eyebrow piercing had pus flowing like a river it was nasty.
    Luckily it wasn't that bad. I just had to drain it every day and put lots of alcohol in there to stop the infection. Eventually it was fine. It healed and I still have my eyebrow pierced. :grin:

6. Rachyl

Rachyl Guest

Thanks all :slight_smile: I'll start saving up. Its not cheap to get done. But for some reason I am dying to do it. It will just go great with my three tats

---------- Post added 24th Oct 2012 at 12:21 PM ----------

And yes I had a phobia for needles at one time too. :slight_smile:

7. dont. do. it. at. home. no. no. no.

i tried (when i was 15 LOL) to pierce my friends ear. i froze it with ice he screamed and the safety pin was really hard to get through. although if you do do it at home, your ear is the safest place you yourself with no idea what you are doing to pierce (i mean the lobe) as there isnt hardly any nerve endings there so you wont get a weird ear like you can if you pierce your cartilage wrong or anything. although there are probably always exceptions to that.