1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

So thrilled

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Ruby Dragon, Oct 24, 2012.

1. Ruby Dragon

Ruby Dragon Well-Known Member

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    After struggling to find the perfect hairstyle, I finally found one. After Googling "short men's hairstyles" I stumbled upon this pic and it is exactly what I was looking for.

Next mission is to get the hairdresser to do it for me. But I'm not sure if she'd be comfortable with it or how she'd react. Since we've been using her since I was a little girl. It would obviously out me and I'm fine with that but I don't know how she would feel about it. Should I rather get it done at a barber? Which would probably work out a bit cheaper too...

I have another question... If I decide to have my eyebrow pierced, is there a specific side I have to have it pierced (i.e. a "gay side") or doesn't it matter?

2. TheEdend

TheEdend Guest

Its really up to you, but I think that most people in the hair industry are fairly LGBT friendly. Plus, just because you cut your hair a certain way doesn't mean you are gay. I know its a bit nerve-wracking since its someone you have known for a long time, but I don't think you will find any objections on her part.

The whole "gay side" thing was big back in the day when people couldn't really be openly out so right now it really doesn't matter. I also think, not sure, that it only applied to earrings and mostly for men.

3. Ruby Dragon

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm sure she'll know something's up. But as mentioned, it doesn't bother me. Her male business partner is openly gay and they seem to get along pretty well.

Thanks for this too :slight_smile:

4. Tycho

A possible solution would be to go to a barbers to get the cut at first (its a simple clipper cut which is very easy to do) and then when it needs to be redone go to your usual hair dresser to get it trimmed. That way she can't really question your choice (when I went to get my hair cut short the hairdresser convinced me to go for a longer cut, now I do my hair myself lol) and will know exactly what to do.

As for piercings - for eyebrows its just a matter of choice and there is no gay/straight side. Usually it depends on what side looks better/even with other facial/ear piercings.

5. Ruby Dragon

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Thanks for the tip. I think I'll go to a barber first and then for the follow-up I'll go to my regular hairdresser, like you suggested. It's not a dramatic change from what it is now, but for one, I won't have sidies. I hate them. Looks way too girly to my liking (they're long). Do you think I should take the picture with to show them what I want, or do I just ask for a clipper cut on the sides and back?

About the eyebrow piercing: I've been considering one for quite a while now, and coincidentally the woman in this picture has hers pierced on the right-hand side, so was wondering if there is a specific side, as one of my lesbian friends used to have hers pierced on the right side too. Good to know there's not a specific "side"

#5 Ruby Dragon, Oct 25, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 25, 2012