1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I don't know if I want to lose my virginity for the wrong reason....

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Alexander69, Oct 24, 2012.

1. Alexander69

Ok so I want to lose my virginity I have this whole idea in my head but I still feel so young I'm turning 18 next month and everyone that I know has lost it. I want to lose it but I'm confused as to how I know it's the right time? I don't want to get stds and how would I ask be like "are you a Virgin? We need to get you tested before we f**k." And I'm more nervous for STD STI or what ever because in a bottom not a top so..... I don't know what I'm feeling I'm confused nervous!! Ugh! And I don't want to rush but I feel like rushing UGH!

2. saosin13

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    i mean if your partner is around your age and you use condoms you should be good i totally understand though im 19 and every friend i have lost theirs at like 16 which in turn made me like the uncool blacksheep

3. Eleanor Rigby

From what you're saying, it seems that you mainly want to loose your virginity because everyone else around you already did. I don't think that's a good reason.
    And obviously, you're also worrying a lot about STD, which can be the sign that you're not ready.
    Honestly, what's the rush ? You're 18 and a virgin, so what ?
    Sex shouldn't be about doing what other people do, despite the fact you're not feeling ready. If you're rushing things when you're not ready, it's likely you're going to make it a not so great experience.
    Sex is a big deal, because you're going to be in a position where you're going to be vulnerable. You don't want to do that with just anyone. I'm not saying you should wait for the the Big Love, but at least, you should wait for someone you trust and care about and who cares about you too. We're talking about letting someone penetrate you for the first time here. You need to be able to let go and trust this person entirely for this. First sex experience are rarely very enjoyable on a physical level, so at least, make sure it's going to be enjoyable and fulfilling on an emotional level.
    I think that would be wise to at least wait for someone you really want to have sex with, rather than rushing things just to be like everyone else.
    Just my two cents.
    Take care, Cécile

4. Mogget

I agree with Cece. You want to lose your virginity as a mark of passage or maturity, not because you're actually excited about the prospect of having sex, to the contrary, you seem very nervous and afraid about sex. I should also add that there's no reason your first sexual encounter has to involve penetration. Mine didn't, in fact I still haven't had anal sex.