1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I don't know whether I'm gay or bi.

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by you, Oct 24, 2012.

1. you

you

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    A couple years ago, I realized that I was attracted to guys. Since I was still attracted to girls, I thought I was bi. Recently, I've only been attracted to girls about half the time, but guys all the time. Now I'm not sure if I'm bi or gay. How can I find out?

I hope that's enough information.

2. Pat

Pat

It's not. lol. What do you like about guys when you're attracted to them and what do you like about women when you're into them. Narrow that down and you might be on to something :slight_smile:

I'll give you something to go off. You like this girl/guy, what caps off the fact that you like her. Would you want to..kiss her, have sex with her, etc. What climaxes your interest in her or him.

3. you

you

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    What I like about them is person specific. There is no real constant.

I just wanted to know how I could figure it out for myself.

4. Lance

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Does having a romantic and sexual relationship with a female appeal to you? Are you checking them out often? Do you ever fantasize about girls?

5. Pat

Pat

Well seeing as though we don't know you lol.. it's kind of hard to say. You're an individual, the situation is complex.. kind of need more info to help you with it.

6. you

you

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Only sometimes. Not currently.
    I find that I'm only physically attracted to women most of the time.

#6 you, Oct 24, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 24, 2012
  7. you

you

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I've spent more time thinking about myself today than I have in a long time because of this response. My conclusion: I don't know. I'll find out later. Thank you both for your time.

8. Andbenz0189

i think i was in a very similar situation for a while. i came out as bi, but i did realize that my attraction for men was much bigger. As i started to head to the only gay side, i realized that i did check out girls from time to time, but in the case of girls it was almost always as if i wanted to be emotionally attached and not necessarily sexually attached to them. however when i thought of men i could think of them in both ways, emotionally and sexually. i am mostly gay, but it doesn't mean i don't like girls. sexuality isn't necessarily black or white or right in the middle, there are hundreds of options and they are all right

9. Ticklish Fish

well, I just want to say that it takes time for you to have a clear and calm mind about who you like and which team(s) you play on.

Don't rush yourself.

10. sguyc

I check out girls all the time. I don't think who you "check out" really means anything. A hot body is a hot body.

11. jargon

TS, the fact that your name is "you" and you sound just like I did a year ago is freaking me out a little haha

Anyways, being bi you can certainly fluctuate over time. The best thing you can do for yourself is probably to forget about orientation for the next few months (or just think of yourself as "tentatively bi" if it helps you shake the questions) and see what keeps your interest. If you still sincerely find some attraction in members of both genders without trying/wanting/forcing yourself to, you have your answer. This sounded insanely hard for me to do when I got that advice, but in retrospect it was just a matter of time. The hardest part is being patient.

12. you

you

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Sorry about all of this, people. I'm not really confused about my sexuality, I just thought I was due to a general confusion surrounding some other matters. I get like this sometimes. I just needed to sleep it off.