1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mixed Emotions when I came out

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by bmcclai1, Oct 24, 2012.

1. bmcclai1

So before I came out as gay to a few people, I met this guy. I thought he was amazing and super attractive. I would fantasize about him and everything. Then, I came out to him and a couple other people. The only problem is that when I came out I lost all my sex drive and I can't find anyone attractive sexually. I found a forum on here that said that was normal and it will come back and everything is fine. I just want to know if when it comes back, will I find my friend sexually attractive again? I really really want to like him again, but you can't like someone if you are not sexually attracted to them. I like him so much as a person. His personality is great. He made me so happy before when I was just around him before I came out. Now I feel like shit because I told him I liked him when I came out, but now I dont since I dont find anyone attracted. I dont know what to do. I hope that when my sex drive comes back, my sexual desires will come back with him in mind. Has anyone ever experienced this before?

2. KaotikPrincess

Maybe your sex drive is in hiding because you finally came out and reality has set in. Are you nervous when it comes to thinking about really having sex with someone? Maybe because now you are out and since it's definitely possible you will have sex your mind is repressing the thought! I am sure it will come back soon. I have had ups and downs with my sex drive so it's pretty normal I think.

Also, sexual attraction may be the key to your sex drive, but sometimes it takes more than looks to make someone physically appealing, like me for example. I am not physically attracted to men and yet I am in love with one and have sexual relations with him, as any couple would... but it's because I love him that I find him desirable so who know's maybe you just need a little push and time to figure things out! :slight_smile:

3. Pat

Pat

Well, what happens from my experience is that there's a period of time where someone accepting who you are is more rewarding than a physical connection with that person. So when I told two of the straight friends I've had crushes on that I was gay, the attraction went away. I hope the shit never comes back LOL too complicated. Keep telling yourself that because there's no greater love than unrequited. It's bad news to like a straight boy.