1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ok so ya advice

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Alexander69, Oct 25, 2012.

1. Alexander69

So my friend is trying to hook me up with this guy who is not my type but I've never dated so I'm thinking ill get experience from this

---------- Post added 25th Oct 2012 at 12:53 AM ----------

Oh and he's from a complete opposite family then me. He's pretty poor. But I'm willing to give him a chance of he's a good guy.

2. Jonathan

1. I would go on the date just to see how things work out (at the very least you'll get some dating experience). That being said, if he ends up not being the guy for you, don't just continue to date him for the experience (leading people on is never nice :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:).

2. Describe more of what you mean when you say "opposite family." Are you just referring to his family's financial situation? Or are their morals different from yours? Are they culturally different? Go into more detail.

3. Alexander69

Money wise

---------- Post added 25th Oct 2012 at 01:14 AM ----------

But I don't care about that it will just feel awkward I think at first

4. Jonathan

The financial situation of his family should have absolutely no influence on your date whatsoever. A date is meant for you to get to know the other person better (their likes/dislikes, hobbies, school, etc). I really don't see how his family finances play any role whatsoever. If you're looking for a "real" relationship and eventually love, you need to focus on him as an individual and not his family's money. From your first post, it sounds like you think you're doing him a favor by going on a date with him despite him being poor. I could be reading that wrong, but if i'm not, you shouldn't go out on a date with him...for his sake. He doesn't need to deal with someone who already seems to be looking down on him.

5. Alexander69

No no that's wrong I have never dated and I need experience. I'm not doing this for him. And if I like him then ill be thrilled