1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How can I tell if he is gay or straight?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by HeyBeard, Oct 25, 2012.

1. HeyBeard

For a while I have questioned my sexuality, I have never really been sexually or emotionally attracted to women, however; I get very awkward around guys that I like. Maybe this is because I'm "star stuck" for lack of a better term. Anyways, I am 17 years old about to be 18, i'm in college and there is this guy who I find VERY attractive in my class. Just by spectating, I figured out what type of music he enjoys and what he likes to do for fun (play drums). I have only known him for a few weeks and we only really talk in class, the info I just gave about him is all i know sadly. I see him talk to girls sometimes, but have yet to hear about a girlfriend. He is very masculine and so am I. I feel like he is giving off signs because I will take a few looks at him, and he will look me back in the eyes, but then quickly look away. This makes me tingle and want to smile, but I don't want him to find that strange if he is straight. As for myself, I have not came out of the closet to anyone, mainly because I am afraid of the rejection that my friends and family might have towards me after I tell them.

I just want to know what I could possibly do to maybe get more comfortable with my sexuality and maybe how I can judge whether or not my crush is interested in me as well.

I have checked my crush out online and all he has is a twitter and a Myspace, I don't want to friend request him yet because he might find that weird being that we barley know each other and I think he knows I have been peeking at him ha ha.

With all of this into consideration, I would be glad to receive some advice on my situation, thanks in advance!

I'm new to forums, so sorry if things are a little messed up ha ha

2. TheEdend

TheEdend Guest

Its very hard to say about your crush. There is really only one way to know and that is asking, which of course its hard to do if you are in the closet.

The only way to get comfortable with our sexuality is to talk about it, allow ourselves to experience it and learn that there is nothing wrong about it. If you have any questions or doubts then tell your story, meet other members on here and post in different threads.

And welcome to EC! :slight_smile: