1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Coming out troubles

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Phoenixaaa, Oct 25, 2012.

1. Phoenixaaa

Before coming to college, I had come out to my mother as gay. She took it a little too well being the wife of a pastor and all. What devastates me about this situation is that she wants me to date a girl still and if that doesn't work out, then my only other option is to be alone. I still haven't told my friends at college that I am gay because of this experience and because of my homophobic brother who goes to the same college.

:help: A little help please?

2. Lance

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm sorry your mother feels that way. If dating girls does not interest you at all, then don't do it. It is your life, not your mothers. And being alone is no way to live. I'm not surprised at that answer coming from a religious parent, but it is a terrible thing to tell you child. You need to live this life for yourself and no one else. You deserve to be in a happy relationship with a guy you love just like anyone else.

Since you are quite young and still live at home I assume, I would just stay low-key as far as being gay is concerned until you graduate college and move out on your own. That is, if you feel things might go sour with your parents if you continue to "be gay" around them. If you have close friends that you feel would be accepting and you trust them, I don't see why you couldn't tell a couple of them. I would think they would know not to tell your brother or anyone else if they are good trustworthy friends. That way you would at least have a small support system since your family won't be there for you in that way.

3. Crazyguy