1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I know it's up to me, but what do you think?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Colours, Oct 25, 2012.

1. Colours

Okay so, though I have identified as a bisexual for the past months, I'm still having these doubts about my sexuality... and while reading the brilliant thread 'Am I gay?', it just hit me...

What hit me is how I'm already thinking of how untrue I'll be to any girl I can possibly date, before even trying. Maybe it's just a fear. But it feels like a very rational fear.
    I've been having this feeling of being unsure whether I like girls for years, that alone should be enough to know I'm not into them (badum psh)... but I just get these crushes on girls, which never last too long by the way... but most crushes I get just are on girls. With every single one of them, I fear that if we do start dating, I'm going to have to let them down because I'll realize it's not for me to be with girls... It's so confusing!

My eyes wander off to girls about as much as they wander off to guys... and I honestly can not take my eyes off of them sometimes. It doesn't really turn me on, though. Not like guys do. I fantasize about guys 99/100 of times, sometimes I just feel like I have to fantasize about girls, or feel obligated because I'm having a crush on one, and then... well let's say it does work. But that's about as good as it gets. I recognize a girl's beauty. I can tell which is more attractive. And even though it does happen that I am (physically) attracted to a girl every once in a while... I don't know, if that happens, and it rarely does, it just makes me feel weird about myself. It feels new to me, I guess.

It's just these crushes I get at girls that at first made me be pretty sure I was a bisexual, and not gay. I just get butterflies, am genuinely happy to see them, want to be with them, want to do couple-y things... but not really anything more.

So yeah, I think I might be gay, but if I think of identifying as gay... I think like: 'I'm not, right?' Not so much that I don't want to be. And maybe it's just that I want to be bisexual so bad, and that I'd rather not be gay... but... I don't know. I really wouldn't mind being gay but I feel that if I choose to identify as gay, I'd feel like it's not who I am even more than I do now.

I know it's up to me, but I would just like to know what you think I am, given the information above?

2. Lance

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It sounds to me like you already know the answer but aren't quite ready to accept the fact 100%. It seems like you probably are more gay than bisexual. You can still be gay and find females somewhat attractive. But I would say relationship wise you seem to be more compatible with a guy.

3. Crazyguy

Your physical attraction is totally toward guys so that may be a clue. I'm bi and can have an emotional and physical attraction to a man or woman. At different stages of my life I have been attracted to one or the other though. It can be confusing as hell. You are young so my advice to you would be don't rush it, you'll figure it out in time. It is just a label anyway.