1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Transgender????

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by bmcclai1, Oct 25, 2012.

1. bmcclai1

So I was always happy with being a guy. I never had a problem with it and never thought about being a girl. However, now that I came out of the closet I started thinking that maybe since I like the same sex I was meant to be a girl. Maybe I am just over thinking everything like usual. I dont even want to be a girl but it is on my mind that maybe I was meant to be one. Before it never crossed my mind. The thought came into my head once and now I am obsessing over it. Has this ever happened to anyone?

2. Lance

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    If you were always happy being a guy and have no desire to be a girl then you are not transgender. Liking the same sex does not mean you were meant to be a girl. You are a guy that likes other guys. There's nothing wrong with that.

3. jaysuss

You could give it a try to see if you like it i guess. It hasn't happened to me but I am more prone to be bottom I think.

4. bmcclai1

I was just thinking, and maybe it is because I am still in the process of coming out and I still might be denying the fact that I am gay so my mind was thinking that if I was a girl then I wouldnt be gay. Idk. The mind is so confusing. I also lost my sex drive when I came out to a few people and I still havent gotten it back. But I found on here that that is normal and I will get my sex drive back. Maybe when I get it back I will stop thinking about it again and just enjoy my penis lol.

5. J Snow

Certainly doesn't sound to me that you are transgender. I mean, lots of people don't realize until later in life that they are trans, but everything you've said here just sounds like you are over thinking things =)

6. Caudex

Caudex Guest

If you've always been happy being a guy, then you're not transgender.
    If you're ambivalent, I would recommend not transitioning anyway. Because people give you flak for it.
    So basically you don't need to think about it too much.

7. Pret Allez

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Welcome. I can understand your confusion, because the evil heteropatriarchy impresses on us that gender = sexual orientation, and that they are forever in "harmony." Therefore, in this wrong-headed formulation, if you are a guy who likes men, then you are a "woman trapped in a man's body." This is no. Just no.

Gender identity and sexual orientation are orthogonal. Not at all related.

8. darkprincess

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Finding yourself attracted to men does not mean that you are transgender. If you feel strongly about displaying the opposite sex of what your biological sex is then you are but otherwise you are not.

9. AlexisAnne

I basically agree with what's been said here so far. Your orientation is a completely separate entity from your gender. You've always been happy being a guy, and you said that you may have been feeling that if you were a girl you wouldn't be gay. I think this may have more to do with fully accepting your orientation than anything else. Even if you're largely okay with it, there may still be a part of you that wishes you were straight. That's fine too for now. Acceptance can take a lot of time sometimes, and even when we think we've figured everything out, and are okay in ourselves, there's the whole subconscious aspect. It might be on a deeper level, you still aren't 100 percent okay with your orientation.

Or I could be way off base :slight_smile:

Either way, I think this has everything to do with orientation on some level or another, and little or nothing to do with real gender issues.

10. jvn95

I can TOTALLY relate.

I flipped out started to ask myself if I was transgender too, From what I read, I think you are obsessing about this, just calm down about it, please.

You can go look at my previous threads and see them if you like, you'll see what I mean.

Sexual orientation and gender are totally separate things.

11. Valarie

Valarie Guest

yeah
    agree with everyone else ^.^