1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Now what?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by kylegf2011, Oct 25, 2012.

1. kylegf2011

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    So today I was on the bus, and the guy with the rainbow bracelet sat beside me :icon_bigg. We talked, and it was really cool, we´ve been getting along good the last couple of days. But now I don´t know what I should do. Should I try something more? should I ask him about his bracelet? come out to him? and if so how? or should I just keep things like they are right now and wait until later to do something?

2. Caudex

Caudex Guest

I think you're reading a little too much into this. I would suggest coming out to him--he's clearly demonstrated his innocuousness.

3. kylegf2011

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Whats innocuousness? :confused:

4. Caudex

Caudex Guest

That he's not going to pull out a shotgun and shoot you for being one of those gosh darn homosexuals.

5. Jonathan

Is this guy a friend of yours or just some random person that you're meeting on the bus? (how well do you know him?)

I wouldn't try to pursue anything with him just set because from what you've said, it seems that he has no idea about your sexuality. So I would out yourself first before actually making a move on him. Also, are you positive that he's gay/bi? Yea, the bracelet could be a clue about his sexuality, or it could just mean that he is an ally (another reason why you should out yourself before making a move on him). You could just plainly out yourself just by telling him, but that could become kinda awkward in my opinion if you just randomly say it out of the blue. Personally, I would try to do something that would indirectly lead to the topic of sexuality, like wearing rainbow item or talking about the bracelet he wears (how you like it, where you can find one, etc) and then that could smoothly lead into a transition where you could casually mention your sexuality.

#5 Jonathan, Oct 25, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 25, 2012
  6. Pret Allez

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Yes, do come out to him. I think this is an appropriate time. See how he responds?

innocuousness: not likely to give offense or to arouse strong feelings or hostility.

So, what he's saying is that the guy's been nice, so he's probably safe.

7. kylegf2011

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I recently added him on facebook and it says he´s interested in men

8. Colours

If that's so, I'd just ask him about his bracelet. Will probably lead to him saying he's gay. And that would be your chance to say you are too. Then you've got that settled. :grin:

Although, playing out that situation in my head does make me think it's a bit of an awkward situation. "Oh hey what's with the bracelet?" "Oh yeah I'm gay" "Oh really? Me too!" But that could be just me because I'm not very experienced in telling people or having people tell me.