1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

"I'm straight."

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Pyrotactick, Oct 25, 2012.

1. Pyrotactick

The title's what one of my friends said that I like. I thought he liked me too because we hug and he holds my hips and has a little fun with me like calling me "babe", but apparently he's straight. He wants to be gay, but he says that he does that as a joke, and I'm very feminine around him and that sort of makes him think I'm transgender I think. I'm really confused on how I should feel, I thought he liked me, and I liked him...but I'm not sure at all anymore. Help?

2. Caudex

Caudex Guest

He's in the closet or straight. One of those two. At any rate, you don't want to out someone before they want to be outed. So don't pursue it.

3. Pyrotactick

So do I act the same towards him? Because he acts the same towards me.

4. Caudex

Caudex Guest

Just act like you would around anyone else at school, I guess.

5. Jonathan

Like Caudex said, either your friend is still in the closet or he actually straight. Just because you found out that he may not like you in the same way you like him doesn't necessarily mean that you have to act different with one another (and possibly make the the friendship become awkward). If you like the way you interacted with him before, keep doing it. The only thing that changes is that you shouldn't expect those actions to lead anywhere further.

Despite how you feel about him, you have to remember that a relationship takes two people. If he told you that he is straight, you have to respect that. If you think that your feelings for him are too strong for you just to stay friends, then it might be better to end the friendship. However, if you are able to handle just being friends, at least you would still be able have some sort of relationship with him (but like I mentioned before, just don't expect anything out of it).

6. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    If he's straight, he's straight - not much you can do there.

If he's closeted, you can't drag him out before he's ready. And the best way to make him ready is to show him what a kick-ass life you can lead out of the closet. And if you do that, and he still doesn't come out (either because he's straight or too deep in)...well, hell, you're leading a kick-ass life. What more can you ask for, really? :slight_smile:

Lex

7. The Queen Bee

Lexignton is right.
    If he's not ready... for whatever reason, then he's not ready.

He definitely doesn't sound 100% straight to me. Who knows...
    Just keep it cool.

8. Pat

Pat

I'm not on a witch hunt for gay people. You guys shouldn't be either. If the kid says he's straight, he's straight. You're not his psychiatrist. Granted, you do have interest in the outcome of his sexuality, it's not your job to think about his insecurities all day. To me it sounds like he's straight and very insecure about himself. So much so, that he has to have his gay friend hit on him to feel special. I don't think it's his intent, but I think you should kind of remind him he's straight and he's suggestive. That would actually piss me off. Did I used to play around with my straight friends in this manner? Yes.. we've had moments like this where he makes contact with me that I wouldn't consider to be "straight" things to do.. but when I told them I was gay, they stopped that shit. It's not the typical impression that a straight boy wants to give to a gay one. I mean, do you flirt with girls just because you want them to like you? I can understand someone doing this, but it's not healthy exactly. He's going to be irritated that he can't play with you in this way anymore, but whatever. I would remind him that he said he's straight and go from there. You don't have to be harsh exactly but you should make it clear to him that you kinda like him and it's confusing when he plays with you in those ways. I know you would prefer for him to keep doing it, but I think you should probably get him to stop.