1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Im gay and im in love with a straight guy.....

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by cutieboy201, Oct 27, 2012.

1. cutieboy201

Hey my name is Angel and im 13 My best friend is Straight and im deeply in love with him....
    He knows im gay and that i like him but im scared to show my feelings....
    We go to school dances together and we hug and i kiss him on the cheek and hes ok with it....like he dosent even flinch or push me away.....
    but i just wanna hold him close and kiss him passionately and be with him.....
    He makes me smile when im sad and he supports me alot...
    When i see him my world turns bright and my heart melts
    when i saw him kissing a girl it was a cruel reminder ill never have him....
    i need some help getting over him......any advice?…… :icon_sad:

2. TroubledRyan

Time and seperation is how you get over someone.
    How ever most boy/men don't like other men kissing them on the checks. So that is a small red flag right there.. but I guess I could be wrong on that one. If I had to guess, he might be bi.. but that doesn't neccasarily mean he would "like you like that." You said he knows that you like him, and he still hangs out with you - seems liek you two are still close. So I don't know, but he does not seem completly straight to me.

3. Mirko

Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi there, and welcome to Empty Closets!

As hard as this is going to be, you need to begin to create distance, or learn how to draw boundaries that will allow you to start moving on. By being very affectionate with him you are not allowing yourself to move on, because you keep feeding your feelings for him, even though he is not reciprocating.

Do you have other friends with whom you could spend more time, and perhaps even get to know them better? Spending time with others and learning new things about them, will already help you to start shifting your focus a little bit. Also, is there an activity that you could join, which would give you a chance to get to know others as well?

The very first step you would need to take though is to stop kissing and hugging him as they keep reinforcing your feelings for him.

4. kageshiro

kageshiro Guest

Time away from him, as painful a decision as this is to make, is what will heal you in the long run. I've been in this process recently following my 3rd or so serious crush on a straight boy, and at this point there is virtually nothing left of the feelings I once had for him. And it's not even in a hurtful way anymore. If he's a true friend there's no doubt in my mind he'll understand what you're doing and why you have to do it. Once your love for him eventually fades your friendship should be able to resume at full pace. And from that point on it ought to remain as meaningful as ever~ and rest assured that until that time arrives, we've got your back and will always be willing and ready to provide support and advice to the best of our ability.

5. Caudex

Caudex Guest

Join the club.

6. cutieboy201

hey um thanks to Hurricane Sandy i got some time away from him but.....my feelings are still there.....i couldnt stop thinking bout him all week and i am gonna see him when school reopens on Wensday :frowning2: