1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lost & Confused..

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by zachary96, Oct 28, 2012.

1. zachary96

So I've been secretly gay for quite some time now. I'm 16. A few select people know though. The biggest obstacle for me at this point is my Mother.. Im terribly scared to tell her and see what her reaction will be. I just dont want to be known through out my family as "The gay kid" I am a unique individual, A human being! I want to be treated like one.. I'm running out of resorces.. I'm at the end of the road.. I just don't know where to go or where to turn now.. I have also seen my fair share of bullying through out school and at home from my moms ex-husband.. I was on the chunky side as a kid.. I was called "fat ass, homo, faggot." Pretty much everything in the book.. But basically why I'm writing this to seek advice on how to come out to my mom.. She will occisinaly make little comments like "Oh that guy seemed kind of look a homo, Don't you think?" Or call someone a queer thats on TV.. So I'm kinda getting mixed signals on how she would react when/if i decide to tell her.. SOMEONE please help.. anything would be greatly appcreaited! :help:

2. scott8088

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Whatever you do - don't marry a girl to cure you of being gay. I did that - and I was married and in misery for 15 years. On Monday I came out and crashed our entire world.

So - you should feel happy that you are young enough that you can be in this world and accept it. Just let yourself be who you are and stop fighting with all the other garbage.

Your families opinions might change - but life is too short to care about what other people think.

3. zachary96

Thank you, I really appreciate your feedback.

4. Farouche

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    What exactly are you concerned about? That she will be upset? That she will treat you badly? Kick you out of your house? Out you to other people, whom you'd rather not tell yet?

If it's just a matter of her being upset, then she will probably get over it. You can help by making it clear that you are okay with being gay, and that you are telling her because you trust her to be okay with it too.

If she might kick you out, that's a different matter, and you need a back-up plan before you come out to her.