1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I like a guy and don't know if he is gay

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Jamesisconfused, Oct 28, 2012.

1. Jamesisconfused

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Does anyone know how to tell if another lad is gay I know this is a bit of a taboo subject but I have heard rumours about him and he was trying to flirt with one of my friends who is bi.but not out because he thinks he's gay my friend told me about him and I was just wondering whether there's anyway I could ask him about it or ?

2. awesomeyodais

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    There is usually no obvious way to tell if he is or not by observation (other than catching him "in the act" with another guy or pleasuring himself to photos or pics of guys, that sort of thing). You could always ask, but it's not really fair to ask someone if you haven't told them about yourself. BTW don't unload both topics on him in one sitting :wink:.

3. Caudex

Caudex Guest

Asking someone who's straight can be devastating for them. Even for someone who's gay. One of the kids in my class told me, "Admit it, you're gay," and I was absolutely crushed because I'm scared everyone else knows too. The only way to ask him is to wait until you're alone for some reason.

4. Mirko

Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi there! I think one of the best ways to find out is to let who ever you suspect of being gay or bi to come to you. Asking someone can be tricky because they might not expect it and not being ready to reveal anything to anyone. It might actually end badly in the sense that he might deny it and it could just cause more stress on him (if he is questioning).

It's always better (if you are not out to him) to come out to him, and thus providing the basis for him to feel that it is okay to be oneself and be open about it. So, if you like him, and you are not out to him yet, come out to him, and see what he says.

If you are out to him, try to talk with him, get to know him. By getting to know him, you not only establish trust but you will also get a better sense of your own feelings for him, and whether he is gay or bi or straight. :slight_smile: