1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

came out to a good friend

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by stussy, Oct 28, 2012.

1. stussy

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Last night after going hashing with my friend we decided to go out. we got to the bar we were just relaxing and having a good time. later on a tranny came up and we started talking and i was having a good time. so he pulled me aside when i stepped away and told "dude you know that is a tranny right" and i told so i don't care. i had been on the fence about this subject for awhile so i just came out and told he later " hey i gotta tell you something, i like guys and i'm gay u hope your alright with this" at the time he was okay with it but i haven't talked to him since then. I just hope he doesn't feel strange doesn't feel strange know that he knows.

2. TheEdend

TheEdend Guest

Welcome to EC! :slight_smile:

First off, congrats on telling him. Second, try to relax a little. If he was okay with it at the beggining then chances are he might just need a little bit of time to process it all. Worry if you feel he is either avoiding you or ignoring you. Until then, don't assume the worst.

If it keeps bothering you, you can talk to him about it. You can tell him "Hey, you know the thing I told you last time? We are still cool, right?" or something like that. You get the idea :slight_smile:

Also, and I know you probably didn't mean it, but keep in mind calling someone a "tranny" can be perceived as an insult to some people.