1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Just tell me how.

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by sscott, Oct 28, 2012.

1. sscott

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    This is my situation in simplest form.

- I'm gay.
    - I'm a senior in high school.
    - I'm only out to about 15 friends.
    - I'm not the very stereotypical homosexual. I do have flitty moments though.
    - I've become comfortable with myself for the most part.
    - I've liked this guy for a while now.
    - My friends and I are pretty sure he's gay.
    - I'm friends with him, and he's very socially liberal.
    - I'm ready to tell him I'm gay.

Now, I would just like to know how I should tell him that I'm gay? Should I tell him alone? Or should I make it funny by playing Born this Way in the car and be like, "Oh hey, I'm gay,"? Then hope he'll come out to me?

Or should I wait a bit? I have one friend who knows I have a crush on him and she says she's going to try and find out if he's gay.

There are just so many ifs to this situation...

Thanks!

And this is my past post about the situation.

http://emptyclosets.com/forum/support-advice/71217-guessing-game.html

2. TheEdend

TheEdend Guest

Its really up to you as far as how to come out goes. If the goal is to try and see if he comes out to you after you come out, then probably the coming out alone and taking it seriously would be better.

But, keep in mind that not everyone is ready to come out. Even if you come out there is a chance that he will still not come out for whatever reason, and you have to respect that. There is also the whole thing that he might not really be gay.

If nothing comes from this, then you might also want to think about moving on.