1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Something I've wanted to try for awhile

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Jinkies, Oct 28, 2012.

1. Jinkies

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    So I remember posting not too long ago in another thread (I think it was the "who do you have your eye one" thread) that I've had my eye on someone who had previously (at least as far as I know) had a crush on me. I want to try and get into a relationship with him (We at least somewhat know each other), partially because I do want to know a little more about him, and I want to see what all of this is, and how things go. Now, this is something I could have tried beforehand, but I wasn't exactly ready yet (at least I wasn't at this point). I've gone through Owen's "Looking for a relationship" blog post, and I can say that I'm probably doing this for the right reasons. I've tried doing the whole "look for people who have similar hobbies as you do" and that was one of the things I'd hoped to accomplish when I got into this college, alas found that I'm probably the only male-bodied person who identifies as LGBT in my class.

So with that said, here are the complications that lie:

-Said person is still in high school. He's in his senior year, and he might be 18 now, but I'm not entirely sure. But I go to school a good few miles away, now. I do still see him whenever I pick my sister up from Band, though.

-If said person is NOT 18, then I'll probably be considered a pedophile (which I don't really see myself as. It's not like I want to take my brother's best friend and tie him to the bed. I just don't see myself doing that, at all).

-He was in a relationship with a closer friend of mine (who has more in common with me), and that relationship lasted for a couple weeks. Never worked out.

Any ideas? suggestions? Should I even go into this at all?

2. stonewalk

the best you can do is ask. speculation doesnt actually move things like this forward. find out what age he is. if he is under 18 then being in his senior year he most likely doesnt have long to go until he is, if you are really considering a relationship than you wouldnt have long to wait. then on the bit about him dating a close friend, its a bit trickier and can be pretty awkward but is still resolved with asking. make sure you wont be offending your friend at all by starting something with this person. i have been on both sides of that question and its can be a little hard to ask but can cause greater problems if you dont.