1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help me with my confusion!!!

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by amarantha, Oct 28, 2012.

1. amarantha

Out Status:
    Not out at all
    So, I just happened upon this website and I figured this would be the best place to come to give my piece and get some help...

So I was basically the conservative parents' daughter, minding my own business and allowing myself to be spoon fed their dogmatic crap, until I got to high school. Once I hit 9th grade I started meeting openly gay, lesbian, and bi students and something about them stuck with me. The next year I began to question my sexuality and two years later I still don't have a clue.

Basically, the way I can finally describe how I feel is that I am asexual towards males (I just want to date them) and aromantic towards females (I just want them in my bed). Alot of my friends and others I have asked told me that this made me bisexual but a male friend of mine told me that he felt the same way (just flip flop the genders) and that was how he knew he was gay...

I just want to know what I am, and the only reason that I am looking for a label is because without it I feel like a part of myself is missing; almost like a book that is very clearly missing a chapter...

So, if anyone has any ideas, questions, or comments... feel free!

2. revi

revi Guest

Hmmm sounds like me at one point. I was sexualy attracted to men but pretended i only wanted relationships with women because i thought i couldn't have everything with a man that i can have with a women. Here is something that helped me. You can do anything you could do with a man with a women. You can cuddle make out love a women. And another thing that helped me beleive it or not was looking at happy couples because it helped me realize i can be happy with them too.

Actually more happy :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

#2 revi, Oct 28, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 28, 2012
  3. Jinkies

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Welcome to the LGBT world where 90% of it is confusing and/or made-up along the way.

Here, you'll learn that people are people, and E V E R Y O N E is different. Not just us in the LGBT world, but those who are straight, as well. There's no true person who's EXACTLY "gay" and fits any stereotype perfectly. We all have our own hats and shirts. Terms like "LGBT, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender, etc" are all umbrella terms, and from where I see you now, that term will be your best friend and your worst enemy.

Now that being said, I know there are people who identify as "X-romantic, Y-sexual", i.e. "biromantic pansexual".

You also mentioned that you feel like you're missing a chapter. Well.. Your life ain't over yet. If you're really curious, hold off on any judgement, and I say that from first-hand experience. I actually feel like I'm going into the "chapter of my life" that I feel is missing. Or one of them, at least.

Hope any of that helps.

4. amarantha

Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Thanks to both of you. Just having people who understand to some extent is better than what I have (zip). I'm hoping that this missing chapter will start to write itself when I go to college, considering the fact that, according to a friend, the school has the "highest population of gays and lesbians of any college in NC" (the first words he ever said to me, by the way) but I'm hoping that it will be easier in a place where I'm not surrounded by family and thereby forced to not even try because they breathe down my neck... But, thank you.

5. pinklov3ly

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Well, only you can fully know who you are and what you want from either sex. I think you pretty much have it figured out, although sometimes, labels are not important. They are to me that's why I label myself as gay/lesbian. I am predominately attracted to females emotionally and sexually. I thought I could choose how I felt, but boy, was I in for a surprise. I tried my hardest to fight against my feelings for women, but I lost/won. I mean, women are beautiful, so what's not to like? That's a rhetorical question btw. My feelings for guys were forced, I tried to be bisexual, but it didn't feel right. I was thinking about kissing a girl while I was kissing a guy. I gave up trying to be with a man because I was not happy.

I think you should follow your heart :slight_smile:

#5 pinklov3ly, Oct 28, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 28, 2012