1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

90% certain but still have confusion

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Patrunic, Oct 29, 2012.

1. Patrunic

So, first time poster on here (seemed the best place to ask) and I'm sure this is the most common thing ever, but any ideas on it would be great :slight_smile:

So I'm almost entirely certain that I'm gay, I've had sex with men, and also women, however I never really enjoyed my time with girls, as in I just wasn't that interested and didn't uh...perform. Whereas I was far more comfortable with a guy and enjoyed it way, way more.

Where I get confused is I'm attracted to men, but I can also see attraction to women even though I haven't got a massive desire to actually do anything. I've just turned 20 so I really want to get comfortable with myself so I can actually pursue what I want in life so if anyone has been through this and has any opinions that'd be great.

Thanks all :slight_smile:

2. Ruby Dragon

Ruby Dragon Well-Known Member

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    First of all, welcome to EC :slight_smile:

It's very possible that you are gay but also have an emotional attraction towards women. You can easily relate to them and be friends with them and connect with them on an emotional level, but you don't see women as a suitable partner (i.e. no sexual attraction towards, and no desire to date women).

This is completely normal. But don't worry too much about slapping a label on yourself. Just go with what feels natural and you'll soon have it all figured out. I know it seems easier said than done, but we've all been through this, and you are certainly not alone in going through this now. Best of luck for this journey, we're all here for you whenever you need to talk.

3. Patrunic

Thanks for the welcome :slight_smile:

I definitely think the emotional connection thing is on the mark, I'd say about 90% of my friends are girls and I'm definitely more comfortable around them.

The waiting to figure it out is probably gonna be the hardest thing but sounds about the best thing to do, so thank you heaps for the advice, really helped me on this :slight_smile: