1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

coming out and feeling...alone?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by kelsey, Oct 29, 2012.

1. kelsey

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    ive new i liked girls for a long time since i was 14 ive just never been able to accept that that is in fact the only gender i do like. im gay. i dont want to date boys ever. i started the "coming out" process i hate saying that it sounds so weird but any how. i know i should feel better about it and who i am. dont get me wrong i do the people i have told i feel at peace for sometime but the more people i tell the more im reasurring it and honestly im scared of cutting out men and not finding someone who i actually do want to be with, growing up dating girls its always been hard always and its never worked out. i live in a small town and that probably has alot to do with it but im just scared of no turning back. of cutting something out completely and then being alone i guess...irrational maybe but still...

2. Mirko

Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi there! Fist off, congratulations on accepting yourself and also letting other know. It's good that the more open you are about yourself, the more reassurance you get.

I think not knowing about what the future holds, in terms of a relationships, might have something to do with how you feel. One thing to remember is that just because your past dating experiences or attempts at dating someone haven't worked, that does not mean that they won't work out in the future.

You don't have to cut out men completely our your life. Your friends, including some of your best friends, could also be males.

Do you live reasonably close to a larger urban centre, where you could go to from time to time, to try getting to know other females, and males?

3. kelsey

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    i mean dating wise like cutting men out lol i have so many guy friends i love it! i do but i hardly know the are

4. Mirko

Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Oops! Okay... Do you feel that you might miss out on something?

Have you had a chance to look into support or social groups that meet on a regular basis, to get a bit better antiquated with what is available in your area? You might be able to find some information on Google.