1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Didn't go well:(

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Fruitylicious, Oct 29, 2012.

1. Fruitylicious

Well I was texting one of my friends who happens to be a girl(not the same one I mentioned in prvious posts), we sall call her "S"

*Random text* (Had been talking about the future)
    S:"Well at least she will know her job"
    Me:"Who said it was a she????:wink:
    S:"Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh"
    Me: "Ohhhhh what?XD"
    S: "I didn't know you rolled that way"

*By this time, I am reversing course*
    Me: "Lol I do not roll:slight_smile: I haven't the slightest idea as to what you are referring to:slight_smile:"
    S:"You straight?"

*Gave it one more chance before I totally backed out of the subject*
    Me:"Sure why not:3"
    S:"Your my bff lol Don't roll to the Gay side"

-------End Text-----------

So ya, didn't go as well as I would have hoped. I guess the reason I posted in this section is to ask, do you think I should try to come out to another friend or just wait. Because that last comment kinda put me off:icon_sad:

2. jaysuss

I don't know if that is exactly a bad way to reply if it's over text because you can't tell emotion through it. I am not trying to put you down in anyway but maybe wait to speak with her in person. I would say to find another person and tell them as well because I learned so far that the more you tell the more you accept and feel proud about yourself. I hope everything goes well for you mate!(*hug*)

3. Fruitylicious

Maybe your right, I just don't see her enough to actually talk with her in person. I guess I was just testing the waters to see if she was willing to accept me:confused: She is religious, however I do not know if that affects her acceptance of people that aren't straight:bang:

---------Edit-----------

I really don't have any non-religious friends, so I can't just tell anyone, that would probably end bad.

#3 Fruitylicious, Oct 29, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 29, 2012
  4. Mirko

Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi there! Well, you didn't come out to her, although you did start broaching the subject. In your conversations with your friend, did she ever mention anything that would lead you to believe that she would not accept you or be supportive?

It is certainly a tough one if most, if not all, of your friends are religious. Thinking about your circle of friends, can you think about anyone who might have a friend or know someone who is LGBT?

(*hug*)

5. Fruitylicious

Well the fact that she told me she didn't want me to be gay kinda made me believe that she wouldn't be accepting. Yes, I do have a friend who has an LGBT friend, yest every time I bring up the subject, she shuts down or changes the subject really fast. I have tried on multiple occasions and I still do from time to time, but it always ends the same way, with her shutting down and changing the subject:confused:

Ya, I grew up in a bible state and was raised Christian, though I turned from that path and then started discovering my sexuality. So ya, most of my friends are religious, not all of them, but most of them.