1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Shall I tell my best friend I love him?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by ViktorMagnusson, Oct 29, 2012.

1. ViktorMagnusson

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Okay so, this'll be a long one.
    I'm in love with my best friend, but I don't know whether he likes me back.
    I've loved him for a few months and I don't go a minute without thinking about him, and everyday my love for him gets stronger.
    A few months ago, in June probably, he asked me if we should give each other blow jobs on a residential school trip to Paris, in July. I accepted, but I said I didn't want him giving me one.
    So fast forward to the Paris trip, we never went through with the blow job thing, but it was a very intimate series of nights. On the first night he got into my bed and dry humped me. (He had also done this at a friends sleepover 5-6 months earlier). The nextwe had a conversation on his bed where he was wearing nothing but boxers, and had an erection, and didn't mind me looking. He even flashed me for probably a second, or less. The next morning, before breakfast, I came out to him, and told him I was bi. He was fine, made no big deal about it, and even told me he was.
    Fast forward to August. I was on holiday, and we were messaging back and forth. And he then asked me if I wanted pictures of his penis. And I said yes, and he sent me 3 or 4. He also did this the next night.
    He also did this in September.
    One day we were playing 'Truths' and I asked if he would ever go out with a guy, and he said no and that he was straight. This absoloutely made my heart sink.
    In general we have a pretty intimate friendship.
    When I am around him I'm really self conscious. I try not to talk too much, my voice is very high, his is deep. He is skinny, sporty, tall, and very attractive. I am pretty chubby, the least sporty person you can meet, and I'm one of the shortest people in school, I'm also not attractive, since I look about 10.
    The question here is should I tell him how I feel? I have never felt this way about anybody, I dream about him every night, and think about him in class. The biggest thing keeping me from telling him is that another friend, who knows how I feel, asked him what he would do if I told him I loved him and he said he would just walk away. Can someone please tell me what to do, it's making me miserable not knowing what to do, etc, etc.

2. HeyBeard

Hello friend, I actually just witnessed something somewhat similar to your story. My crush eventually worked his way to me though. However, I feel that since you are only at a young age still, that your hormones may be misguiding you at this point. We all have sweet dreams about our crushes ha ha :grin: They are very nice, but will only disappoint you when it comes down to him possibly turning you down. If I were you, I would try and bring it up maybe, but don't force it on him, for he may feel somewhat threatened by this and may possibly get angry. A good relationship will always be worth the wait in the end :grin:

I hope none of my statements offend you and I wish the best of luck!