1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

its late

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by bman1988, Oct 30, 2012.

1. bman1988

bman1988 Guest

Well its 2 in the morning Pacific standard time and I am awake. I have work at 7 and should be in bed. Just got off the phone with a old friend he was upset I didn't answer my phone.we were pretty close and he was upset tonight I guess he thought we had forggoten about him. He was almost to the point of tears he didn't sound good he's in the army now and ready to get out. I was thrown off by him tonight he left me a very sad voicemail and I called him right back, never seen him like this it hurts to hear someone in pain like that, he didn't say what was wrong but we talked about cars and our old drinking days and by the time we were done talking he seemed much better. It really puts things in perspective though how really fragile we are sometimes. It was good to hear from him even at two in the am on Tuesday. I really think sometimes we forget how human we actually are sometimes. I have been where he is and man am I glad I called him tonight. Goodnight all I am going to try and salvage some sleep from this night.

2. burg

you sound like a good mate bo.

3. fumblebee

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Your friend is lucky to have you as a friend. Too many people could easily say " it's late, I will call tomorrow" and not realize how badly a person is hurting and calling out for help. That call makes a huge difference and I am so glad you were there to reach out to him and understand how precious life and friendship can be and the power our words and actions have over people. You let him know he is important to you and that is something we all need. We need to know that we are important to someone out there. Thank you for being that someone to him. You are a good friend.

4. FunnyMonkey

You are a wonderful friend, friends like you are hard to come by Maybe you should have him a call tonight and ask how is doing see if you can get him to talk and make sure he knows that he is loved and how much you care about him.

5. jsmurf

Compassion is lacking among most modern males. Thanks for being there for others.

6. Mirko

Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It is absolutely wonderful of you to have called him back. Even though he didn't tell you about what happened, hearing your voice was reassurance for him. We often forget that friendships (good ones) are so much more than sitting over a coffee or a few drinks or lunches and dinners. What you did, goes to the essence of a friendship.

7. Closet88

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    You are a good friend. He must have felt really alone like he had no one who cared about him. And for you to call him must have have him a huge boost. You are a good guy :slight_smile: