1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How do I make him understand?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Perrygay, Feb 8, 2008.

1. Perrygay

Perrygay Guest

A guy and a girl were talking in my math class today in the back of the room because we had a sub today, and something kind of awkward happened. I was sitting and talking with my friends near the two of them, when out of no where the guy just says "I'm gay" to the girl he was talking with. And apparently, I was the only one in my group of friends who heard it because I turned around and just looked at him.

So he comes over to me and says, "You just heard that, didn't you? You can't say nothing" And I told him like twenty times, "I obviously don't care, I'm gay too." And he just sent me a message on myspace begging me to not tell anyone.

I don't know what to say to him! I told him very plainly ten times (or more) that I wasn't going to say anything. What do y'all recommend I say to him to make him understand I'm not going to tell anyone?

2. biisme

try to tell him (yet again) that you are NOT going to tell....

maybe if you say it enough, it will sink in.....

3. Paul_UK

Paul_UK Guest

Then leave it, and respect his request by not telling anyone.

4. beckyg

beckyg Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    You might just have to gain his trust by showing him that you are following through with what you said.

5. lostinthought9

lol i was just like him when i first came out, i said the same thing so many times it started to aggrivate my friends lol....

6. sdc91

He's just desperate to get the message across (who wants to be outed?). Just send a message back that you won't, so don't worry.

Then make good on it.

7. Bader

Bader Guest

u should give this site to him!

8. Hydrogen

Tell him to come visit EC for support if he want's to... and of course don't tell anyone.

9. otc877

otc877 Guest

I would suggest that you try and talk to him about it, let him know that you understand what he's going through and that you went through the same thing.

Reassure him, and let him know that you'll be there if he needs to talk.

Gain his trust

10. Owen

In Loving Memory Full Member

If he keeps on pestering you, try saying something like, "I have about as much motivation to tell other people as you do." As long as he doesn't get the wrong message, it could work.

11. Étoile

Tell him that you understand what he's going through because you're gay too. And of course, suggest this site to him. We'd love a new member! I think it'd be great for him to be able to talk to someone face-to-face about his problems, especially if they'd know what he was going through. Good luck.:slight_smile:

12. Perrygay

Perrygay Guest

I saw that a few of you suggested that he come to this site, so I told him that there was a site that helped me when I was still in the closet. We'll see if he joins, he might stay a lurker for a while, but that's better than not being here at all I guess.