1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My mom is such an ass..

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by TheUndiscovered, Oct 30, 2012.

1. TheUndiscovered

Me and my mom just got into a fight about nothing and now she's going to take my laptop and send me back to the jackass Christian counselor who said he could "fix" me of being gay. Once she hears that she's going to eat it up like candy. Even though she says she accepting that I'm gay I have this feeling she would still want to try to "fix me" and try to make me straight or whatever. I've been so depressed lately, I have been lying in bed all day because I simply can't deal with her constant additude and need a break from the world. She said she's going to take my computer and if I don't give it to her she's going to kick me out. What the hell? My computer is my escape. Instead of doing drugs or whatever I go on my computer, watch TV shows online and zone out from the world. I guess this is more of a vent but I need help : \ What am I suppose to do? I need my computer, it helps me through. I guess I'm sort of addicted to it but it's what makes me happy while I'm in such a low part in my life.

2. FunnyMonkey

I'm sorry that your Mother is doing this to you. Remember no matter what anyone tells you there is nothing wrong with you and you are perfect !!! Are you old enough to move out? if not could you move in with someone else? maybe you should go see a lgbt friendly therapist if she is insisting on you going to one.

3. TheUndiscovered

I think I might just move in with my dad again..Maybe she's calmed down by now.

4. FunnyMonkey

Is your Dad more accepting then your Mom ? I hope she has calmed down for you.
    If you need anything I always online don't hesitate to ask or just want to talk.(*hug*)

5. TheUndiscovered

My dad doesn't know I'm gay but I've had to have time from my mom before so I guess if she doesn't calm down about it I might go over there.

6. FunnyMonkey

Do you think your dad will be okay with it ?

7. TheUndiscovered

I don't think I'll have to tell him. He knows we can get into heated arguments pretty quick. But if I did tell him I was gay he probably wouldn't talk to me anymore.

8. FunnyMonkey

I hope that is not the case with your dad not talking to you. could you move in with grandparents ? if it's not working well with mom/dad

9. The Queen Bee

Uff...
    Sounds awful.

My mother was like that too...
    She suggested therapy (as in Convertion Therapy). My therapist turned out to be awesome. Make sure you go to gay friendly one.
    I get that the premise that "gay must be corrected" is insulting. But you might find helpful what the therapist says. In my case the guy helped my with my Tricho.

Try looking for other ways to relax.
    Jog, cycle (if you prefer one wo-man sports), just hang out with friends and the sort.
    Hopefully she won't take your laptop away from you.
    I bet she think you're getting the "wrong information" from internet... and the corrupt gays are influencing you. Maybe not. But that was what my mother thought... or at least somewhere around that.

10. burg

is there a teacher or any one you can talk to about whats going on .im sure alot of people will give you the support you deserve. when hearing about being sent to Christian counselor who said he could "fix"you.i feel for you man.