1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Have you ever tried committing suicide?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Pills, Oct 31, 2012.

1. Pills

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I often feel like there's no hope for me.It often feels like I'll never be the person that I want to be. I've tried to commit suicide on various occasions and failed every time. Have you ever felt this way?

2. Kat kanu

i have but ive grown out of it once you find a reason to live life becomes so much fun

3. Rosina

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I've moved this to the Support and Advice forum as I feel it's better suited here.

4. Yuliya

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    There is so much hope for You and this hope inside your heart... You failed because it's not your time to go, You have many things to do and only You can do it, so You are greate person(*hug*)

5. Mitchell

I've tried... came close a few times, had to stay in the ICU.

6. Closet88

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I have felt down at times but have never contemplated suicide. No matter how bad someone feels suicide should never be the answer. You're so lucky that your suicide attempts failed. We only get one life so what is the point in trying to end it. Surely it would be better to try and turn the negatives in your life around so that you can fully appreciate the life you've been given and can say you've accomplished something.

7. Pain

Pain Guest

I did once try, but the future is an unknown worth finding out. I'll never be in that sorry state again.

8. julia

I've tried to kill myself twice, but contemplated it seriously about a dozen times, and also I was cutting a few times a week for 5 years. (Currently, I haven't cut myself in eight months) I'm sorry you have felt like you wanted to die at some point of your life, and if now too. I know how you feel, at my worst I feel worthless and hopeless. But life will get better, it has to, that's all we can hope for right?

9. cult logic

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Yes.

Most recently two weeks ago, I ended up in the ER and the psych ward for a week.

My closest friend killed herself in July and it has absolutely crushed me.

10. Rachyl

Rachyl Guest

Yes, when I was 19 I tried, and failed. But I sure wished I died as I was so sick after consuming so many medicines and alcohol. It changed my life though.

Since then I have held the thought to do so, and have had many years of torturing myself physically *ie. cutting, hitting myself, placing myself in dangerous situations* until this September when I came out to myself. Since then all depression and thoughts of harm or suicide are all gone. I am truly happy, really happy to know I am Gay.

Anyone who has seen me since then has remarked that I look so much more happier then I have ever been.

So there is light at the end of the tunnel, sometimes its in a way you cannot possibly imagine :slight_smile:

Please talk to someone though, anyone, because your thoughts may say die, but I am sure deep inside you want to live. (*hug*)

11. justinf

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yes, a couple of weeks ago. I realized it was the stupidest idea ever, though, and threw up right away to get it all out. Got pretty sick of the ones I apparently didn't manage to get out, but fortunately not sick enough to have to go to a hospital.

I was pretty embarrassed about it at first, but as I talked to some people about it and read some other people's experiences, I came to the conclusion that there are quite a lot of people who considered doing it at one point in their lives, so it's really nothing to be embarrassed about.

12. Tetraquark

Tetraquark Guest

I've never tried, but I have thought about it. Fortunately I am both lacking in means and creativity in that department, and the few times I have honestly fallen far enough to want to die I would have had to go through too much effort to actually do it, especially since it would usually hit in the middle of the day when any attempt would likely have been intercepted.

Oddly, the thoughts stopped rather abruptly a couple weeks ago. I wish I could tell you how I got out of it (for the time being, at least), but I honestly don't know. Maybe the antidepressants finally kicked in?

13. Tails Luver

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I haven't actually tried suicide, but I've definitely had suicidal thoughts. Y'know what, though? It's not worth it to kill yourself. My mood swings like a pendulum at times. Sometimes I'll feel that way, and sometimes I'll feel as if death is the only escape possible, but I'm fooling myself whenever I think suicide is the best route to take. The only thing to do is keep on living. After all, if you're thinking of suicide, things can't get any worse, so just keep on truckin'! You'll make it through!

14. irishangel

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I've been hospitalized 11 times for suicidal attempes or tendencys now I just sign myself into the hospital when I get that way. Get yourself a good therapist maybe one that specializes in working with the lgbtq community when I lived in NY and PDX i had one like that now I'm in the middle of no where so I can't so you can have some one to talk to I've also self mutilated for a long time. my last attempt was in feburary and I'm so glad it wasn't successful.

15. FunnyMonkey

I've tried to kill myself when one time when I was 12 lucky I did not succeed.
    I know what it's like, please no not do it! Life does get better a lot better!!!
    If you feel like that again you can call the Trevor Project @ 1-866-488-7386
    You don't have to be feeling suicidal call just call if you need to talk to someone,
    And someone is always online you can talk here anytime.

16. Just1Dude

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    My story makes me feel horrible and selfish. When I was 8 my brother was put into prison for drinking and driving.. he crashed and his best friend was killed. I wasn't allowed to go to the prison to see him, until I took a kitchen knife and tried to stab myself in the chest. I missed him a lot and really wanted to see him, definitely the wrong way >.>

and I agree with a previous poster, you have failed because you are needed here (imo). You are not alone with the way you feel! Call the hotline and talk it out if you would like! Just know you are very valuable :slight_smile:

17. AAASAS

Ive never done it. I have done intensive research on the topic, and researched a lot on how to do it. So I have been pretty serious about it. I couldn't find a way to do it that suited what I wanted which was : No Mess, No Body Found, No Search Party, No Stress for my Family. This was basically impossible to do(I basically want to disappear rather than die).

I have seriously desired to do this, but have come to the conclusion that me having a miserable life is worth living because that at least means I don't cause tragedy for my family. To kill yourself is a selfish act, as you are saying that your feelings and needs are more important than the ones who love you. People who love you can be seriously hurt perhaps even turned depressed/suicidal themselves by your suicide. This is illegal and immoral to do in most governments eyes; that is to make someone want to kill themself or to inflict great emotional pain.

So yea, living your life out in pain is worth sparing your loved ones the pain of your death. Feelings of suicide just become an easy way out when you take on this attitude. I feel like shit all the time, and just knowing that my family and friends mental health is together is enough for me not to take my own life. I'll take all the depression and heartache you throw at me as long as my family and friends are there.

Suicide just means that your ability to cope with life, is outweighed by your problems and means of solving them. When life seems not worth living that is because you simply don't have enough tools at your disposal to help live your life. Try finding some extra means of coping, and start piling them on. If that means stuffing your face when you are down, or spending some money on yourself, to getting professional help, any tool to help you cope is a good one.

18. Minamimoto_Fan

I had the thought cross my mind once... but I got scared and stopped because I was just 13 and confused. So instead of trying to kill myself, I slashed my wrist a couple times. I had began to struggle with my sexuality so I took it out on myself because I couldn't accept myself yet.

I kinda feel embarrassed about it now because my parents are super supportive, but I was terrified at the time. The scars have basically completely faded away, a fitting physical symbol of the mental damage going away, no?

19. Z3ni

Z3ni Guest

Yeah, but I can never remember what age for anything.. but I tried literally the most stupid way to suicide... by holding my breath .. I know! stupid! :dry:

I've done it a lot of times, through different times.. I think I killed a LOT of brain cells by doing it :lol:

I've thought about slitting my wrists, jumping out of the window, over dosing, and getting hit by a car but I was too scared of the pain I would have endured. ( Not altogether of course ) lol

20. bernie761

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    ive had this in my head since i was like 19 when it hit me that i might be gay. had a few times where i actually had knife to wrist, but couldnt go through with it. as i became older i started thinking deeper on what would happen if i was to commit suicide, the thought and feelings towards committing suicide were still strong but then i realised i didnt want to die i just wanted to be accepted for who i was. i saw the way out and proud homosexuals are treated here and it kind of scared me, was i gonna be treated this way if i came?, will my family treat me this way?. it took some time to realise that wanting everything to remain the same, if i came out wasnt gonna happen, things would change, for the better or worse, would be up to me. took some time to realise this and except who i'am.