1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Stress help?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Jinkies, Oct 31, 2012.

1. Jinkies

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Alright. I've had this problem for YEARS:

I'm terrible when it comes to stress. What happens is I'll first doubt myself like all hell, then my mind will shut down, or things will even just skip to the next step where I get a headache, and sometimes I'll even fall asleep. And here's the thing:

I've got 3 papers due tomorrow. I managed to do 2 in the same 6 hours for a different class, and I thought that was an achievement. But along with that, I also have to read 3 chapters from 2 different books, one of which I'm not even sure I have access to, at this point. And if I don't do all this, then I fail my course completely.

Any thoughts on how I can completely clear my mind so I can actually read and comprehend stuff and not worry that it's Halloween, not worry about being late going home, not worry that I'll be insufficient with what I'm doing? I really need to get this work done, and I need to be in that mode, but also not have my brain shut down.

2. metoo

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I would try either eating something (however this is a bad habit because you could really get unhealthy this way) or chewing on something. With something in my mouth I always work better. Gum sometimes works, although it gets tiring after a long time.

Another thing I would try is workin in shifts. Like work really hard and diligently for like 30 min and then take a 5-10 minute break.

I have so much HW that I can't go trick-or-treating. Hopefully you won't be too interupeted by the door bell and dressed up kids.

3. Jinkies

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone

Yeah, I should have mentioned I cleaned my debit card, today. I've told a good few people I wasn't sure how much I had on my card... This was the reason. But anyway, I can't eat anything until I get home.

Alright. I'll head to the train station, then.

Again, I'm not at home. I'm at school, and about to head to the station, so that's not much of a problem.