1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Came out to best friend officially

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by piratealisonnn, Oct 31, 2012.

1. piratealisonnn

Yesterday, I officially came out to my best friend as bisexual. She knew I was questioning and was supportive 110%. It was extremely easy because I knew her stance on the matter and the fact that she has been questioning too.

Saying it out loud seemed to help me accept it that much more. I am still questioning if maybe I am actually gay but for now, this has helped me immensely accept myself :slight_smile:

2. julia

Ah, that's so fantastic! Congrats to you :slight_smile:

3. whitwhit82

Congrats!!! I hope to be coming out to my best friend soon, too! She is the first on "my list" besides my therapist, who I just came out to on October 3.

4. piratealisonnn

Congrats to you and good luck! I felt as total wave of relief (even though I'm sure she already assumed).

5. whitwhit82

Thanks! Yeah, mine has an idea. I told her several months ago (probably almost a year ago) that I was talking with my therapist about it because I was confused. She doesn't agree with it, I knew that long time ago, but she never told me that in our conversation. She was very supportive and told me she'd be there for me no matter what. I'm still not ready to tell her just yet (now that I just finally came to terms with it myself). I want to take a little more time to be comfortable with it myself. Saying it outloud makes it so real. And it is real, but that's a big step!